$160 Headphones Inspired by WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onyx2291

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
If it wasn't so expensive and if I heard it was good I would probably get it if I didn't already have a pair. That thing would never leave the house though.

brother shrike

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
They actually don't look as bad as I expected, but my G35 headset is perfect and it'd be a little weird to have a headset inspired by a game I don't play....

vicsrealms

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
Thank goodness, as I first read the article's title I was expecting a set of headphones that looked like a couple of Orcs attached to you ears. Thankfully, I was wrong. Still, I will stick with my Sennheiser PC350's.

From Creative, huh?

Well... As long as you don't run Vista or Win 7, and don't dare ever write fixes for their craptacuar drivers (and 'force' Creative to SUE you)... I guess they'll be OK.

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
i wonder if some people think "hey, i'm not quite geeky enough playing wow for 8 hours a day, i need an accessory, hey big headphones that have wow design on it, PERFECT! - MOM!! CAN YOU BUY ME A PAIR??"

G

Hmmm WoW headphones.... Can I get a pair looking like ..... Troll ears please!

HRM... I think I'll stick with my Sony MDR V700 s
They retail for about $150 but you can buy them on amazon for $82.
They are high quality studio monitor headphones that use a 50mm driver.

Most quality headphones have a 40mm driver which will produce less bass and less volume. (I'll pass these overpriced "WoW" headphones)

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
F that. I use my monitor internal speaker. $0. Thank you very much.
If I want a headset, I'd pick one from local for $10-$25, not f-ing $100+.
Rip off.

nixname

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
When I heard WoW inspired I figured they would detect and then cancel out the noise of your friends asking if you wanted to go hang out, leave the house, or bathe.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
I lent my Seinheiser headset to my kid, then found myself without a headset when I needed to use one since he was using mine. So without going to interupt his gameplay, I decided I'd hook up an XBox 360 controller + headset up to my PC and see how it works, since I've always found the standard 360 one ear headset to be pretty comfortable. Well, I hooked it up and was pleasantly surprised by it. Since it acts like a USB sound card, it doesn't interfere with your main sound card's output which is a bonus. So you can have Ventrillo working from the controller/headset and your game's sound working via the main sound card. Works nicely, people can hear me clearly, I can hear them clearly and keep the voice chat sounds seperate from in-game sounds.

Also way cheaper than going out to buy a new headset, if you already own a 360. :) Certainly not as good as my Seinheiser set, but much better than most cheap-o PC headsets for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.