$1600 1st build, need some advices to complete the build!

Oct 30, 2018
Approximate Purchase Date: December 2018

Budget Range: ~1600€ (without discounts)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming & Programing

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, speakers.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DvdVZR - You'll find the every component and their price.

Parts Preferences: AMD CPU & AMD GPU & Freesync 27" IPS 1440p 144hz

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 2560x1440

Additional Concerns: I've chosen the Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING(132€) as motherboard.

Would it fit properly this build, or would be more wise to chose another one from these two?

Asus - PRIME X370-PRO - 105€

Asus - Prime X470-Pro - 160€

Additional Comments:

This will be my first computer build, but I would love to introduce myself to over clocking, so I wouldn't like to limit the purchase in that particular aspect. Additionally, I would like to add, afterwards, some simple static RGB/LED effects to the computer, so having a window on the side is crucial too.

After so many researches now I've been wondering if the computer is being bottle necked by something, and if yes, from what?! I've been also wondering if I have any hardware component that is a total overkill for the setup and/or budget and should be also replaced for something else.

Any help is highly appreciated, if you can spare a little time of your day, to check the parts that I've picked and to provide any kind of feedback, or your recommendations regarding it, it would be a huge help!

Detailed view:

AMD - Ryzen 5 2600

Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB

Asus - PRIME X370-PRO

Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3000

Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB

Seagate - Barracuda 2TB

Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB NITRO+

Cooler Master - MasterCase MC500

Corsair - RMx (2018) 650W 80+ Gold

Acer - XF270HUA 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor

Thanks a lot!

Oct 30, 2018

Thanks for your input Eximo!

Is there any model that you would recommend, that could fit into this build?

Thanks in advance!

Something like this...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor (€164.90 @ Alternate)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€64.58 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard (€137.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€137.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (€120.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB NITRO+ Video Card (€487.99 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (€44.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€86.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Monitor: Acer - XF270HU 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor (€429.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1675.24
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-30 23:11 CET+0100

Oct 30, 2018

Hey Hellfire!

Thanks for the input provided!

I've some questions in regards to it, so I can understand your suggestions better.

My researches in regards to coolers were basically based on airflow coolers,but the one that you've linked, if I have understood it correctly, it will run on a moisture, something like water-based, but does it improve the performance when compared to the regular airflow ones and is it worth in this particular case?

You've decided to opt for G.Skill ram instead of the Corsair Vengeance, is there any particular reason why? Since the prices are pretty similar and they are both 3200hz.

In regards to the case, I would prefer to have a case with a glass, instead of acrylic glass, which you can ruin too easily.

At last, do you believe that a 650W should be enough for the current setup? I wish also to have some fans added to the case in the future.

Thank you very much for your help!

Oct 30, 2018

I've made some researches from things a bit more pricey as you've suggested and I've seen several good reviews about Cryorig H5 Ultimate.

Would you advise it, in this specific build? Once again, my intention is to overclock but as a newbie, I won't be pushing limits. My objective would be getting around 4.1@Ghz on the Ryzen 5 2600!

logainofhades

Titan
The H5 is an excellent choice, for your build. You will want the H5 universal, with taller ram sticks. The ultimate would be fine with Corsair LPX ram though.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor (€159.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler (€44.90 @ Caseking)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard (€137.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€137.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (€77.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB NITRO+ Video Card (€487.99 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Thermaltake - Versa N27 ATX Mid Tower Case (€39.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€84.90 @ Caseking)
Monitor: Acer - XF270HU 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor (€429.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1600.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-31 18:04 CET+0100

Oct 30, 2018

Hi Yuzuriha! Thanks for the feedback!

You've also recommended the G.Skill as ram, any particular reason why?

Price difference between the H5 Universal and H5 Ultimate are just 5€, do you think its an overkill in this case when choosing the H5 Ultimate?

I'll take a look at the Sata SSD, since I would take in consideration the Samsung 860 evo in this situation. Any recommendation between these two? They're both at ~75€ in Germany!

In regards to the case, unfortunately its not tempered glass, which from what I've understood, gets scratches very easy and those you'll be never able to get rid of them.. :( I wish to have a clean case in regards to the window.. Are there any other suggestions in your pocket?! :D

Thanks a lot once again!

logainofhades

Titan
Gskill is good stuff, and the price is good. The universal you have to run with taller ram sticks, like the Ripjaws. You will run into ram and fan clearance issues, otherwise. The same price, the 860 evo is a better choice, but you cannot go wrong either way. As far as case goes, just search cases with glass, on pcpartpicker.

Oct 30, 2018

Thanks for the tip once again!

I've seen that H5 isn't compatible with the AM4 :( Is there any other recommendation for the AM4 chip?

When I was checking the 860 evo I've seen that there's a NVME version too, Samsung 860 Evo M.2 500GB for 82€.

Do you believe it should be considered or ignored?

Thank you very much!!

logainofhades

Titan
It is compatible. It might need a bracket to work, but Cryorig will supply you with one, if the one you buy doesn't have it. AM4 has been out long enough, unless it is a really old stock cooler, it should already have it. M.2 does not mean Nvme. M.2 can run PCI-E specs, that Nvme uses, and sata III. The 860 m.2 is still sata spec. The only bonus to M.2 sata, is less cables to deal with.

Oct 30, 2018

That's great to know! Wasn't aware that the customer support was on that level! :)

What do you think in regards to AIO? I've been reading a bit, I doubt I will be using the full potential of it, but I kinda like the way it looks. Since the plan is to go with a window case, I've thought I should gather some relevant data about AIO, but the main concern overall seems to be the water leaks.. Is it still something happening often in 2018? Because if it would be reliable I would like to find out more about them!

Oh I wasn't aware of that, newbie.. But the idea of having less cables sounds worth the extra 5€!

Thanks once again for your help, its really appreciated!

Oct 30, 2018

Yeah I've accepted the fact that there will be always the possibility of something going wrong, but that won't stop me from having an AIO!!

I'll be rolling with a Cooler Master - Master Liquid ML240L RGB on the front!

Now I am having another issue, hopefully the last one.. I managed to gather every component, except the case due to the size of the graphic card + the radiator at the front.

Any suggestions in this particular build? I've updated the link with the new components! :)

Thanks a lot once again for all your help Yuzuriha! :) If you weren't in an US server I could perhaps join ya ^^ Anyway, for the horde!! :D

TRENDING THREADS