[SOLVED] ~$1600 PC for next 6 years

Nov 24, 2020
G'day. I'm interestad in my own pc station for about $1600. Can you rate this desicion? I am from Ukraine and based on this the price can be different than in another country. Not going to buy already used components. Planning to use this machine in front-end sphere and in free time will play games only for myself (without fanaticism). Not interested in VR. Also now need one monitor for my task. Don't want to change components in next 5-7 year. Planning to force this system once after the computer is assembled and don't uprade it till final moment. Now it will be great to play with max settings (Anno 1800, Metro), but I don't have any fetish in max fps and max settings. After some years I'm planniing to change all system (as example, am4 will be obsoleted).
  1. CPU. Decided to stay at Ryzen 5 3600 box;
  2. Videocard. Now GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC 3X 8192MB (GV-N207SGAMING OC-8GD) is too expensive (plus about 2500-3000 UAH than 40 days ago), so I stand at GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB Gaming OC (GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD) or PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT (AXRX 5700 XT 8GBD6-3DHE/OC). Do I have to just take the shipest one or you can recommend me one of them?
  3. Motherboard. ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS. In my mind there is no necessary to pay for superfluous features (ex. rgb illumination and e.t.c.). Need mobo only for current componets without prospects for the future;
  4. RAM. Crucial 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 MHz Ballistix Black (BL2K8G32C16U4B). This RAM is a popular choice (micron e-die inside), so i take it too and will try to boost it a little;
  5. Cooler. Be quiet Pure Rock Slim (BK008). Firstly, wants to have some details from one producer and secondly, this cooler is presented as "quiet and efficient";
  6. Storage. Samsung 970 EVO M.2 MZ-V7E500BW 500 ГБ. Realise it is not high class component, but, actually, no need in it. I have one external hard drive and this one needed to keep soft and some games;
  7. Power supply unit. Be quiet System Power 9 CM 700W (BN303). Yes, mb i will pay some money only for brand (like for apple electronics), but it is a be quiet like a cooler;
  8. Case. be quiet! Pure Base 500 Window Black (BGW34). Like this one and it's all;
  9. Monitor. BenQ EX2780Q. Need a monitor with built-in speakers, 1440p and ~27". At this moment I have a laptop 15.6" and very old 22" monitor (I guesse, it is from 2010), and now I want to try smth new. This monitor is not best decision to display correctly color space (remind, front-end sphere) but as I am not a professional (hope yet..) and do not have a lot of money for this pc;
  10. Fans (from be quite!), keyboard and mouse - it's a personal choice.
UPD. Forgot to post a list with components. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/P3QxfP

Last edited:
Solution
Hi. Thanks for answering. Unfortunately, not all components are possible to buy here, so if take them from another country on more then 100 EUR in one check, I have to pay duty (10%) and tax (20%).
RAM. Yep, 3600MHz is better than 3200, also the standart latency is good 16-18-18.
SSD. Can not say anything smart. Do not like the view of your SSD..) and the speed of write and read is 1800. I have an external SSD, so I need one in PC for OS, programs and games and mb up to 5 films -> I suppose 500Gb is enough. P.S. Later it is possible to take another 2.5" SSD from Samsung and install into the case.
PSU. First of all, I want to get colling system from one brand, just want. And at the 2nd point, Phanteks AMP costs...
G'day. I'm interestad in my own pc station for about $1600. Can you rate this desicion? I am from Ukraine and based on this the price can be different than in another country. Not going to buy already used components. Planning to use this machine in front-end sphere and in free time will play games only for myself (without fanaticism). Not interested in VR. Also now need one monitor for my task. Don't want to change components in next 5-7 year. Planning to force this system once after the computer is assembled and don't uprade it till final moment. Now it will be great to play with max settings (Anno 1800, Metro), but I don't have any fetish in max fps and max settings. After some years I'm planniing to change all system (as example, am4 will be obsoleted).
  1. CPU. Decided to stay at Ryzen 5 3600 box;
  2. Videocard. Now GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC 3X 8192MB (GV-N207SGAMING OC-8GD) is too expensive (plus about 2500-3000 UAH than 40 days ago), so I stand at GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB Gaming OC (GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD) or PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT (AXRX 5700 XT 8GBD6-3DH). Do I have to just take the shipest one or you can recommend me one of them?
  3. Motherboard. ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS. In my mind there is no necessary to pay for superfluous features (ex. rgb illumination and e.t.c.). Need mobo only for current componets without prospects for the future;
  4. RAM. Crucial 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 MHz Ballistix Black (BL2K8G32C16U4B). This RAM is a popular choice (micron e-die inside), so i take it too and will try to boost it a little;
  5. Cooler. Be quiet Pure Rock Slim (BK008). Firstly, wants to have some details from one producer and secondly, this cooler is presented as "quiet and efficient";
  6. Storage. Samsung 970 EVO M.2 MZ-V7E500BW 500 ГБ. Realise it is not high class component, but, actually, no need in it. I have one external hard drive and this one needed to keep soft and some games;
  7. Power supply unit. Be quiet System Power 9 CM 700W (BN303). Yes, mb i will pay some money only for brand (like for apple electronics), but it is a be quiet like a cooler;
  8. Case. be quiet! Pure Base 500 Window Black (BGW34). Like this one and it's all;
  9. Monitor. BenQ EX2780Q . At this moment I have a laptop 15.6" and very old 22" monitor (I guesse, it is from 2010), and now I want to try smth new. This monitor is not best decision to display correctly color space (remind, front-end sphere) but as I am not a professional (hope yet..) and do not have a lot of money for this pc. Also it has built-in speakers.
  10. Fans (from be quite!), keyboard and mouse - it's a personal choice.
UPD. Forgot to post a list with components. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/YansieGame/saved/RPtBjX
I made a couple changes to get more bang for you buck. Hopefully these are available for cheap in Ukraine.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Best Buy)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock 2 CPU Cooler ($39.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($148.69 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($82.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB MECH OC Video Card ($389.99 @ Newegg)
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500 ATX Mid Tower Case ($84.90 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Phanteks AMP 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($105.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Gigabyte G34WQC 34.0" 3440x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($399.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1595.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-24 15:26 EST-0500

You can save a little money and get a slight performance boost by going with this 3600MHz RAM instead of the 3200MHz Crucial.
While the price of the 970 EVO is great and the SSD is amazing, you will be better served getting the 1TB Intel 665p as the added storage is a better value.
The Pure Rock 2 is minimally more expensive than the slim but has a higher TDP 150W vs 120W which will either allow for overclocking or making the system overall quieter.
The MECH is a good 5700XT at a good price.
While the Be Quiet System Power 9 isn't a bad PSU, you can do a lot better for less money. The Phantek AMP is based on the Seasonic Focus GX platform while allows for higher efficiency, has high quality design, and is fully modular. Other options are the Corsair RM/RMx, Fractal Design Ion+, or Seasonic Focus PX or Focus Plus Platinum.
Going with the Gigabyte 3440x1440 monitor saves money on the BenQ but is a very good display. It is a 21:9 monitor instead of the standard 16:9 which allows for extra field of view. Having an ultrawide monitor myself I would never go back to a standard format ever again.
All those savings allow for upping to the 3700X if you so decide.

Nov 24, 2020
I made a couple changes to get more bang for you buck. Hopefully these are available for cheap in Ukraine.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Best Buy)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock 2 CPU Cooler ($39.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($148.69 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($82.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB MECH OC Video Card ($389.99 @ Newegg)
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500 ATX Mid Tower Case ($84.90 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Phanteks AMP 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($105.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Gigabyte G34WQC 34.0" 3440x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($399.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1595.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-24 15:26 EST-0500

You can save a little money and get a slight performance boost by going with this 3600MHz RAM instead of the 3200MHz Crucial.
While the price of the 970 EVO is great and the SSD is amazing, you will be better served getting the 1TB Intel 665p as the added storage is a better value.
The Pure Rock 2 is minimally more expensive than the slim but has a higher TDP 150W vs 120W which will either allow for overclocking or making the system overall quieter.
The MECH is a good 5700XT at a good price.
While the Be Quiet System Power 9 isn't a bad PSU, you can do a lot better for less money. The Phantek AMP is based on the Seasonic Focus GX platform while allows for higher efficiency, has high quality design, and is fully modular. Other options are the Corsair RM/RMx, Fractal Design Ion+, or Seasonic Focus PX or Focus Plus Platinum.
Going with the Gigabyte 3440x1440 monitor saves money on the BenQ but is a very good display. It is a 21:9 monitor instead of the standard 16:9 which allows for extra field of view. Having an ultrawide monitor myself I would never go back to a standard format ever again.
All those savings allow for upping to the 3700X if you so decide.
Hi. Thanks for answering. Unfortunately, not all components are possible to buy here, so if take them from another country on more then 100 EUR in one check, I have to pay duty (10%) and tax (20%).
RAM. Yep, 3600MHz is better than 3200, also the standart latency is good 16-18-18.
SSD. Can not say anything smart. Do not like the view of your SSD..) and the speed of write and read is 1800. I have an external SSD, so I need one in PC for OS, programs and games and mb up to 5 films -> I suppose 500Gb is enough. P.S. Later it is possible to take another 2.5" SSD from Samsung and install into the case.
PSU. First of all, I want to get colling system from one brand, just want. And at the 2nd point, Phanteks AMP costs about $130 and is available only in one online store (quick search).
Monitor. Your monitor is too big. I will pay attention on 34" if I start edit video. Also for gaming on this monitor needed smth more powerful than 5700XT. Earlier I noticed Gigabyte G27Q. Any advantages over benq, becides price about 3000 UAH ($105)?
Videocard. I wanted to write PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT (AXRX 5700 XT 8GBD6-3DHE/OC), my mistake. Why do you recommend your choice? Look at these page or video.
CPU. Which pluses do you see in +2 cores in photoshop (creatind models) and text editor (make up in pages)? In gaming or rendring video - any doubt you have to have 8 cores with hyperthreading (8 cores is a top for nowadays games).

UPD. There are no shops with components like Microcenter in USA or smth like that.

Last edited:
PSU. First of all, I want to get colling system from one brand, just want. And at the 2nd point, Phanteks AMP costs about $130 and is available only in one online store (quick search).
Monitor. Your monitor is too big. I will pay attention on 34" if I start edit video. Also for gaming on this monitor needed smth more powerful than 5700XT. Earlier I noticed Gigabyte G27Q. Any advantages over benq, becides price about 3000 UAH ($105)?
Videocard. I wanted to write PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT (AXRX 5700 XT 8GBD6-3DHE/OC), my mistake. Why do you recommend your choice? Look at these page or video.
CPU. Which pluses do you see in +2 cores in photoshop (creatind models) and text editor (make up in pages)? In gaming or rendring video - any doubt you have to have 8 cores with hyperthreading (8 cores is a top for nowadays games).

UPD. There are no shops with components like Microcenter in USA or smth like that.
For the SSD while the 970 Evo does for sure benchmark faster than the 665p, real world there is very little difference. With a 1TB drive you will be able to get more games onto it than a 512GB drive.

The PSU is one place you shouldn't go cheap on. While the BeQuiet you listed isn't bad, it also is now where near as good as the ones I listed. I put the Phantek AMP in the build as it was the best price/performance here. However, the Corsair RM(x) or TX-M, Seasonic Focus GX, Focus PX, or Focus Plus Gold, and Fractal Design Ion+ are all vastly superior. They have higher build qualities, longer warranties, and higher efficiencies.

For the monitor I would recommend trying to find reviews. From what I have been able to see there is little difference between those 2 monitors. However, what I have found is the Gigabyte has a higher refresh rate and contrast. That said the refresh rate difference is minimal 165Hz vs 144Hz. The contrast is 3800 vs 1150, but that is the difference between VA and IPS panels.
BenQ Review
Gigabyte G27QC Review

For the GPU the PowerColor Red Devil is a good GPU. The 5700XT is a good 1440p GPU, however, it won't be enough to push 144fps at ultra settings. Luckily both monitors have FreeSync so that will make gameplay smooth.

Solution
Nov 24, 2020
For the SSD while the 970 Evo does for sure benchmark faster than the 665p, real world there is very little difference. With a 1TB drive you will be able to get more games onto it than a 512GB drive.

The PSU is one place you shouldn't go cheap on. While the BeQuiet you listed isn't bad, it also is now where near as good as the ones I listed. I put the Phantek AMP in the build as it was the best price/performance here. However, the Corsair RM(x) or TX-M, Seasonic Focus GX, Focus PX, or Focus Plus Gold, and Fractal Design Ion+ are all vastly superior. They have higher build qualities, longer warranties, and higher efficiencies.

For the monitor I would recommend trying to find reviews. From what I have been able to see there is little difference between those 2 monitors. However, what I have found is the Gigabyte has a higher refresh rate and contrast. That said the refresh rate difference is minimal 165Hz vs 144Hz. The contrast is 3800 vs 1150, but that is the difference between VA and IPS panels.
BenQ Review
Gigabyte G27QC Review

For the GPU the PowerColor Red Devil is a good GPU. The 5700XT is a good 1440p GPU, however, it won't be enough to push 144fps at ultra settings. Luckily both monitors have FreeSync so that will make gameplay smooth.
Thank you for the comments.