1600 X 1200 Round is not Round

cosmicdebris

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2004
I have a Dell 8200 with a Geforce3 Ti 200 card and I just got a Dell 2001FP for it. Everything runs and looks great except. Round is not round. Running at 1600 X 1200 60 hzs does not give me true circles and this is driving me nuts. I can set a custom resolution of 1600 X 1280 but the monitor won't accept it. I also have not way to adjust the screen to compensate for this. Is there anything I can do?

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Is it hooked through the DVI or analog port?

<font color=white>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</font color=white>
<font color=green>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</font color=green>
<font color=red>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
Wow, that sux, and I wonder if this is true of the monitor or software?
I run alot of AutoCad and that is important to me also. But have not heard complaints of this on that monitor.
I have had my eye on that model also.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

cosmicdebris

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2004
After some screwing around and more research I found that the NVIDIA drivers and software for my card come with a utility called NvKeystone. Supposed to be used to adjust for distortion when displaying the computer's output through a projector. Well using this software I was able to compress the image being displayed to show circles as circles but now I got a 1/4 inch of black at the top and bottom of the screen. Better than nothing I guess.

TRENDING THREADS