Question 1650 20 fps after factory reset.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
After reset did you reinstall Geforce drivers?

Link does go to US site, another language in description is the fault of Tom's.

Do manual search and input fields applicable to your system. Once you download driver file right click and run it as administrator.

Do you know if the video cable is connected directly to graphics card or motherboard igpu where you would prioritise gpu on an application by application basis? If so, Manage 3D settings in NvidiaCP can do that. If you need Nvidia Control Panel you can get it from Ms Store if Geforce driver doesn't install it.

Jul 13, 2024
After reset did you reinstall Geforce drivers?

Link does go to US site, another language in description is the fault of Tom's.

Do manual search and input fields applicable to your system. Once you download driver file right click and run it as administrator.

Do you know if the video cable is connected directly to graphics card or motherboard igpu where you would prioritise gpu on an application by application basis? If so, Manage 3D settings in NvidiaCP can do that. If you need Nvidia Control Panel you can get it from Ms Store if Geforce driver doesn't install it.
i did install the newest Nvidia drivers. and its plugged into the hdmi port of the 1650. i ran benchmarks and was told my gpu couldnt handle 3d games and that it had poor performance. even tho 3 days ago i was running 400fps on rocket league. im now at 50 fps all low settings. the benchmark in question is this one. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/68239452

boju

Titan
Ambassador
its installing now, but im just confused how i went from 400 fps to 50 after a factory reset. on the same drivers as well.

After reinstalling Geforce driver which should have worked, so am i now.

Maybe go to HP's website and check drivers for your system, particularly chipset driver if available.

Jul 13, 2024
After reinstalling Geforce driver which should have worked, so am i now.

Maybe go to HP's website and check drivers for your system, particularly chipset driver if available.
did that as already, didn’t fix it. i’m stuck man i have no idea what else i can do

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try sfc/ scannow in cmd (ran as administrator). If it finds and fixes corrupted files try reinstall Geforce drivers afterwards. And set preferred maximum performance in NvidiaCP.

Might have to reinstall windows.

What was the reason for doing a reset in the first place?

Jul 13, 2024
Try sfc/ scannow in cmd (ran as administrator). If it finds and fixes corrupted files try reinstall Geforce drivers afterwards. And set preferred maximum performance in NvidiaCP.

Might have to reinstall windows.

What was the reason for doing a reset in the first place?
it says it didn’t find anything. i did a cloud reinstall for my factory reset (new windows) the reason for the reset was that it felt laggy in games but i was still at 300+ fps

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm. Im stumped. Maybe try borrow a card from someone. If you can't do that maybe a visit to a pc shop is what you'll might have to do. If someone you know is good with computers, not saying your not, just some fresh eyes could be the difference, get them over pronto :)