Question 1650 LP in HP ProDesk 600 G1?

Dec 9, 2019
So I was looking to build a new PC this Christmas but I'm working on a very tight budget so I was looking putting a Low Profile card in an old business PC and I wanted to know if it would work and if it did work how long would the system last. I know that the ProDesk 600 G1 has a 240watt PSU which is less than the 1650 300watt recommended but I know there is situations where you can get away with using a lower wattage than recommended.

If I were to put a 1650 LP in this system would it work and how long would it last?

king smp

Splendid
Well I currently have a Gigabyte 1050 2GB LP in my HP Elite 8200 with a 240w PSU and it has been running OC'd for years.
Now upgrading to a MSI 1650 4GB LP tomorrow which hopefully fits LOL
The max a PCIe slot will draw is 75w so you should be fine.
The OEMs will usually rate their PSUs at continuous max wattage while aftermarket PSU makers rate them at peak max wattage so an OEM PSU at 240w continuous is more like a 300w peak aftermarket PSU.
the only issue could be the actual fit of the card in the unit. hopefully none of the motherboard parts block the card from seating in the unit.

king smp

Splendid
NOTE - MSI 1650 OC 4GB card installed easily in a HP 8200 with 240w PSU and running fine for a week. Tested with Furmark 2160p stress test for half hour and been watching many 4K video in Netflix and Youtube so should work fine in your system.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS