[SOLVED] 1650 or 1050 ti and i5 3570k or i7 2600

drummerboy0519

Commendable
Nov 22, 2019
Hi i have a hp 6300 sff computer and ive been thinking of upgrading it for gaming. The most demanding game im looking to play is rainbow six siege. I was wondering what i should get.

Gpu:
i could get a low profile 1050 ti and save a bit of money but loose performance or spend a bit more and get a low profile 1650.

Cpu:
i could get a i7 2600 or spend 20 quid less and get the i5 3570k instead

overall i just want to know what would be best for the price and for the games im looking to play.

Solution
Yeah the issue with any graphics card will be the power supply. Thie SFF computers are not designed to be gaming rigs. Even if you find a PCIe slot powered card many of those motherboards still dont deliver the full 75 watts.

As far as upgrading the PSU, no standard ATX of SFX will fit in that case. And although you can get 300 watt PSUs for that system, IMO its simply not worth it.
Yeah the issue with any graphics card will be the power supply. Thie SFF computers are not designed to be gaming rigs. Even if you find a PCIe slot powered card many of those motherboards still dont deliver the full 75 watts.

As far as upgrading the PSU, no standard ATX of SFX will fit in that case. And although you can get 300 watt PSUs for that system, IMO its simply not worth it.

Solution