[SOLVED] 1650 upgrade to a super version. Worth it?

Jan 10, 2021
Can buy a 1650 super for £170 and considering its a 40% improvement compared to my current 1650 is it worth it? How much does a 1650 go for in todays market? Thanks.

Solution
People are buying prebuilt HP PCs for $600 to flip the GTX1650S in them on eBay for $280+, so you would likely be able to get at least $200 fairly easily. Check completed listings to get an idea of what they are currently going for in your area.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Can buy a 1650 super for £170 and considering its a 40% improvement compared to my current 1650 is it worth it? How much does a 1650 go for in todays market? Thanks.

If you can actually find a 1650 super for the normal retail price, you should absolutely do it; used 1650s are going for about $300 in the US because of the shortage and the situation's likely to be similar in the UK.

InvalidError

Titan
Is it worth it purely on a upgrade standpoint?
You are the only one who can decide for yourself whether 40% extra performance is worth 170GBP to you. It wouldn't come anywhere close for me without planning to sell the 1650 unless I need a spare for something.

I still use a GTX1050. If I could get a GTX1650S for close to MSRP, I'd be tempted to get one on the basis that nothing better is likely to become available for a reasonable price by the time I decide to upgrade the rest of my system probably later this year.

InvalidError

Titan
People are buying prebuilt HP PCs for $600 to flip the GTX1650S in them on eBay for $280+, so you would likely be able to get at least $200 fairly easily. Check completed listings to get an idea of what they are currently going for in your area.

Solution