May 31, 2020
Hi,
I have been having an issue with my new GPU 1660 Super by msi.
The build is:
i5 9400f CPU
Asrock Phantom Gaming 4 MB
2x 8gb RAM - note that I'm using 2 different branded RAM using dual channel
1660 super MSI GPU
128gb NVME SSD
1tb HDD
The issue:-
After playing for about 30 mins to 1hr the gpu temp reaches 60 degree celsius, when that happens my fps playing warzone drops to 30 fps on Normal settings from 70fps. My power settings is set to high performance both on power plan on windows and Invidia graphics settings. My old 1050 TI would put out 50-70 fps on high settings no problem but the 1660 super completely fails at that.
On high settings I get 60 fps then drops to 27-30 fps almost instantly.

Anyone have any clue why this is happening? I suspect it could be the RAM as they are of 2 different brands, one set to 2400mhz the other 2666mhz?

Many thanks in advance!

Solution
Fixed.
I once changed a value in Warzone file called player to increase the graphics limit bar in the game. I think the problem.
I simply deleted that file and sed the game then it was sorted.

Thanks
Nov 11, 2020
It might just be insufficient cooling in the case, though 60 degrees Celsius is not even really hot at all. Do you have MSI afterburner installed? If you do, then you might want to raise the target temperature/power consumption. This could potentially solve the issue, as MSI afterburner will automatically reduce core clock (thereby lowering performance) if the GPU approaches the target temperature/power consumption so that it doesn't exceed it, essentially creating a problem similar to thermal throttling. I would set it to like 80 degrees Celsius. If you don't have MSI afterburner installed, then install it and change the temperature/power consumption like I said above. The reason I say temperature/power consumption is because they are tied together. The higher the power consumption, the higher the temperature will get. 80 degrees Celsius is a pretty good point to set it at for a GPU. Anything above 85 degrees Celsius is too hot, in my opinion. Also, don't mess with the voltage or core clock, as this could cause further issues, and could potentially destroy the card.

May 31, 2020
It might just be insufficient cooling in the case, though 60 degrees Celsius is not even really hot at all. Do you have MSI afterburner installed? If you do, then you might want to raise the target temperature/power consumption. This could potentially solve the issue, as MSI afterburner will automatically reduce core clock (thereby lowering performance) if the GPU approaches the target temperature/power consumption so that it doesn't exceed it, essentially creating a problem similar to thermal throttling. I would set it to like 80 degrees Celsius. If you don't have MSI afterburner installed, then install it and change the temperature/power consumption like I said above. The reason I say temperature/power consumption is because they are tied together. The higher the power consumption, the higher the temperature will get. 80 degrees Celsius is a pretty good point to set it at for a GPU. Anything above 85 degrees Celsius is too hot, in my opinion. Also, don't mess with the voltage or core clock, as this could cause further issues, and could potentially destroy the card.
I have msi afterburner installed. I predefined fan soeed curve on. I haven't messed with memory clock only played about with clock speed and set it to 179 and stressed tested it too. I have power limit and temp limit set to max but I've never gone above 65 degrees on my GPU. I only notice this issue when playing warzone but on other games such as gears of war I get consistent 120 fps. I will do as you mentioned and get back to.

Many thanks

May 31, 2020
Fixed.
I once changed a value in Warzone file called player to increase the graphics limit bar in the game. I think the problem.
I simply deleted that file and sed the game then it was sorted.

Thanks

Solution