[SOLVED] 1660 super strange performance

jtoya85

Honorable
Feb 27, 2018
So I just watched this video on undervolting a GPU and I decided to see what I could do with mine. It's an MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super, I have it OC'd to +125 Mhz core clock, +800 Mhz Mem Clock and the core voltage set to 1.031 V. Now I'm in the Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark and I noticed that the GPU was sitting around 73-82% usage with 60-80 fps in scenes with people moving around, but I'm not running at max settings, maybe like 80% max?🤷‍♂️I only noticed the drop in usage after undervolting the card, and so far with only the 1 game. I used heaven 4.0 prior but that can only get me so far with testing. Temps are great, only getting to about 56-57C, but why doesn't the GPU get fully utilized and if it's at that percent usage why am I not getting better frames?

Solution
An update: not sure what happened but without changing a game setting and only changing the fan curve a little my gpu went back to being fully used. I did play some warzone in between the tests so maybe that woke it's lazy butt up? 🤷‍♂️

jtoya85

Honorable
Feb 27, 2018
An update: not sure what happened but without changing a game setting and only changing the fan curve a little my gpu went back to being fully used. I did play some warzone in between the tests so maybe that woke it's lazy butt up? 🤷‍♂️

Solution