Nov 12, 2021
Built

Cpu i7 9700K;

Gpu Gigabyte 1660Ti OC;

motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS WIFI;

PSU (Old)Corsair AX860;

Others: Ram, SSD. no hdd.

Problem

GPU I used for 2 years all of a sudden cant be detected in bios and have no signal from display port/hdmi port.

The light and fans on gpu all work normal, simply no signal.

Tried Solution

1- Warranty and repair: They said they tried on other system no issue found on gpu.

2. I updated motherboard bios, no change.

3. Tried GTX1070 card in my system, have signal and works well.

Question

1. What else I should check?
  2. Is this because of Underperformed/old psu?
  3. Do I need to flash gpu bios ?

Tyvm

Solution
GPU I used for 2 years all of a sudden cant be detected in bios and have no signal from display port/hdmi port.

With that, i'd say your GPU is dead.

What else I should check?

Some things to try:
  1. take out your GPU and plug your monitor to your MoBo. If you get image, then rest of the system works fine.
  2. uninstall GPU drivers with DDU and plug your GPU back in. If you get image then, without GPU drivers, the GPU driver chip is probably the source why there's no image. If you don't get image even without drivers, GPU is most likely completely toast.
  3. plug your GPU into 2nd and/or 3rd PCI-E x16 slot and look if it works. If it does, 1st PCI-E x16 slot is faulty.

Is this because of Underperformed/old...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

With that, i'd say your GPU is dead.

What else I should check?

Some things to try:
  1. take out your GPU and plug your monitor to your MoBo. If you get image, then rest of the system works fine.
  2. uninstall GPU drivers with DDU and plug your GPU back in. If you get image then, without GPU drivers, the GPU driver chip is probably the source why there's no image. If you don't get image even without drivers, GPU is most likely completely toast.
  3. plug your GPU into 2nd and/or 3rd PCI-E x16 slot and look if it works. If it does, 1st PCI-E x16 slot is faulty.

Is this because of Underperformed/old psu?

In no shape is your 860W PSU too less for it.
review: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/corsair-ax860/

I too have GTX 1660Ti and i have 650W PSU for it (Seasonic SSR-650TD). And while your PSU is old, first came out 9 years ago, it uses Seasonic KM3 platform and it is very good PSU. A notch lower than my SSR-650TD.

Do I need to flash gpu bios ?

You can try, if you like, but i'm doubtful if you can do it and if it fixes it.

Solution