[SOLVED] 1660 ti or 1070

Oct 17, 2019
So I’m confused because on paper the 1070 8gb is better than 1660 it but I want to know is there an advantage to having 8gb of memory compared to 6gb the 1660 ti has.Which would be better for recording gameplay and streaming?

Solution
They both perform roughly the same, with one or the other pulling maybe a few frames ahead on certain games. The VRAM size wont really effect streaming or recording since most people tend to use their CPU for that, and if you use GPU encoding I really don't think it would use enough to matter.

I would get whatever is in your price range, I just sold my 1070 for 170 USD and have seen other used cards priced around that more or less.

Another option would be a RX5700 which you can pick up for 289 USD on Newegg...
They both perform roughly the same, with one or the other pulling maybe a few frames ahead on certain games. The VRAM size wont really effect streaming or recording since most people tend to use their CPU for that, and if you use GPU encoding I really don't think it would use enough to matter.

I would get whatever is in your price range, I just sold my 1070 for 170 USD and have seen other used cards priced around that more or less.

Another option would be a RX5700 which you can pick up for 289 USD on Newegg https://www.newegg.com/xfx-radeon-r...3Uwfypd-1P0ca3Za_H8aAg3jEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Reactions: Amrible
Solution