[SOLVED] 1660ti vs 2060? which one to buy?

Aug 14, 2019
Hi everyone,
I'll build a PC within 2-3 months.
I will use this PC mostly for graphic design and video editing. (Adobe softwares are main priority)
I am also considering playing 1080 games with high settings.

Is gtx 1660ti enough for me? or i should get rtx 2060 for those tasks?
Price difference is $70 in my country.

Or other gpu i should consider?

Any suggestion about the build?

CPU: Intel 9th Generation Core i5-9600K Processor

Mother Board Gigabyte Z390 UD 9th Gen ATX Motherboard

RAM - 1 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8GB DDR4 3200MHz Ram (8x2)

Storage:Western Digital 2TB 3.5" SATA Purple Desktop HDD

Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 250GB SSD

Graphics Card : suggest one!!!

Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer Gold Series 650 WATT Full Modular Power
Supply

Casing Antec: DF500 RGB Dark Fleet Series Gaming Mid-Tower Casing

Monitor" LG 22MK430H-B 22" Full HD IPS LED Monitor with AMD FreeSync

Solution
Video editing takes a lot of a pc, its a very demanding task. All depending the quality of your Video, if you are staying below 720p it looks fine but it will go below 30 Fps in the previews. Above 1080P you will suffer from massive FPS losage. And dont let me get started with 4k and 8k videos...
I do remember my old Setup struggling to get 60 fps on a 1080p preview with a 1080 SLI and an i7 6700k with some overclock.
As for the build, The Processor is fine for gaming and some tasks, i highly dislike the mobo but considering the target budget of this pc i cant really complain about... But i highly recommend going for an Asus / Asrock motherboard of a similar price... Ram is just completly fine and storage is fine aswel. The PSU, Avoid...

scallumal

Commendable
Sep 6, 2017
For video editing id try the rx 5700 just because of the 8gb ram buffer it helps alot but the rtx 2060 will allow u better ray tracing if you are rendering light sources also if you havent bought the cpu id reccomend the ryzen 3600 for those threads and if youcan afford x570 the pcie 4 with rhe rx 5700 will help you render 3d applications a bit

Reactions: Fahimeds

Ramlethal

Estimable
Video editing takes a lot of a pc, its a very demanding task. All depending the quality of your Video, if you are staying below 720p it looks fine but it will go below 30 Fps in the previews. Above 1080P you will suffer from massive FPS losage. And dont let me get started with 4k and 8k videos...
I do remember my old Setup struggling to get 60 fps on a 1080p preview with a 1080 SLI and an i7 6700k with some overclock.
As for the build, The Processor is fine for gaming and some tasks, i highly dislike the mobo but considering the target budget of this pc i cant really complain about... But i highly recommend going for an Asus / Asrock motherboard of a similar price... Ram is just completly fine and storage is fine aswel. The PSU, Avoid ANY psu that is not EVGA or Seasonic since it is the most important component of your Rig and it will potentially cause several damage and void warranties of all the hardware in your computer f you dont get the best possible manufacturers that secure they will not malfunction.
As for the graphics card you can go up to a 2070 or a 2060 Even a 1080 its fine too. If its for pricing, whenever i build a new PC i tend to purchase as far as possible for my budget so my components gets older better than mid tier components. So... i would definitly consider spending those extra 70.

Reactions: Fahimeds
Solution
Aug 14, 2019
As for the build, The Processor is fine for gaming and some tasks, i highly dislike the mobo but considering the target budget of this pc i cant really complain about... But i highly recommend going for an Asus / Asrock motherboard of a similar price... Ram is just completly fine and storage is fine aswel. The PSU, Avoid ANY psu that is not EVGA or Seasonic since it is the most important component of your Rig and it will potentially cause several damage and void warranties of all the hardware in your computer f you dont get the best possible manufacturers that secure they will not malfunction.
As for the graphics card you can go up to a 2070 or a 2060 Even a 1080 its fine too. If its for pricing, whenever i build a new PC i tend to purchase as far as possible for my budget so my components gets older better than mid tier components. So... i would definitly consider spending those extra 70.
Thanks a ton! <3