[SOLVED] 16GB current, adding 32GB?

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
So I have 3200mhz corsair vengeance RAM 16 (8x2). If i buy 2x16 (32 more) can I add that together if its same speed and specs? My x570 board has 4 slots so????

Solution
So I have 3200mhz corsair vengeance RAM 16 (8x2). If i buy 2x16 (32 more) can I add that together if its same speed and specs? My x570 board has 4 slots so????
It's only possible to give the standard answer to this standard question:
  1. there is no warranty that 2 different kits, even from the same brand and specs, will work together at their max speed, or even work together at all
  2. if same brand and specs, good chance that they will work together, but at unspecified speed (could as well be 3200 Mhz as at the slowest JEDEC speed of 2333 Mhz)
  3. worst case scenario: the PC does not even boot
And just to make thinks difficult there are at least 3 versions of your RAM:
Ver4.31 = Samsung 8GBit B-Die
Ver5.32 = Hynix...
It's only possible to give the standard answer to this standard question:
  1. there is no warranty that 2 different kits, even from the same brand and specs, will work together at their max speed, or even work together at all
  2. if same brand and specs, good chance that they will work together, but at unspecified speed (could as well be 3200 Mhz as at the slowest JEDEC speed of 2333 Mhz)
  3. worst case scenario: the PC does not even boot
And just to make thinks difficult there are at least 3 versions of your RAM:
Ver4.31 = Samsung 8GBit B-Die
Ver5.32 = Hynix 8Gbit CFR (they are probably either AFR or MFR, though)
Ver5.39 = Hynix 8GBit MFR
And of course Corsair doesn't print the version # on the box but there is a window on the back of the box where you could see the printed model and version.

Last edited:
Reactions: sobakowa19
Solution