So i was using FL studio on my newly built PC and i noticed that my memory and cpu usage was maxing out from all the generators and processing effects. This is very unusual given that i have the ryzen 2700 and 16gb of ram. I noticed that i had roughly 8gb of Ram in use and the rest hardware reserved.
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000Mhz, 2x8gb
- MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
- CPU: Ryzen 2700
- GPU: Gigabyte 1660 OC 6G
- I did some research and many people suggested to deals with this problem with the msconfig method.
- Another suggestion was via the registry editor, and you replace a specific null with a 1. Still didn't work. At this point my task manager said that there was 16gb of RAM but 8gb reserved. Likewise, in the system properties it said 16gb (7.95gb usefull). Also checked cpu-z and it says dual 16gb.
- I updated my BIOS, also there was a suggestion that the cooler screw may have been to tight so i slightly lightened them.
- I tried switching the configuration from 2-4 to 1-3. Still the same 8192 total memory in bios, but it recognizes both ram 8192 in each slot.
- At this point i tried testing each RAM stick separately, i powered on my computer with just 1 stick at a time in dimm A2 (2nd slot). The system displayed fine with the first one, but for the second RAM stick the system would not display anything, Although all the lights inside powered up,my computer didn't startup so i am assuming that that stick is defective.