ive had this trouble for a while

my specs are

ryzen 5 2600

rtx 2060 strix

16gb of ripjaw 2x8 ddr4 2400

x470 pro gaming motherboard

getting this solved would be incredibly helpful

Solution
You want to double check and ensure that you have placed your RAM DIMMs in the correct dimm slots. Typically this would be slot 2 and 4. Look it up in your motherboard manual.

If that doesn't work, test each DIMM on its own to see if you have bad RAM, or if you might have a bad ram slot.
If you're not running anything, the memory won't be used. Use the memtest here and see if you can fully load the memory. You will have to run multiple instances of it, but it should be able to max it out and test it too. I've tested up 32gb this way. Just don't overdo it or you'll end up swapping to disk. Let the last instance use 'all unused ram'.

Reactions: mctrader07
You want to double check and ensure that you have placed your RAM DIMMs in the correct dimm slots. Typically this would be slot 2 and 4. Look it up in your motherboard manual.

If that doesn't work, test each DIMM on its own to see if you have bad RAM, or if you might have a bad ram slot.

Reactions: mctrader07
Solution
May 26, 2020

hi thanks for your help both of the slots did work so then i decided to try 1 and 3 aswell still getting the 7.95 usable ):

eastonco

BANNED
Jan 18, 2020
Here is where the biggest factor of this comes in - What operating system are you running and are you running 32 bit or 64 bit, as 32 bit would definitely cause this issue, however, there are some versions of windows where the home version can only see and use limited amounts of RAM.