16gb of ram, only 3.24 usable?

Aug 6, 2018
Hey, my names Aury and I have a few problems with my computer that i wanted to know if you guys can help with.

First, my pc gets stuck on my gpu splash screen. I have an SSD and I noticed that my pc takes a really long time on the BIOS splash screen. (it only lasted about 2-3 seconds before) now it's taking upwards of two minutes on it. Once it gets passed the BIOS splash screen, it wouldn't get passed the gpu splash screen at all. I left it there for about half hour and it won't get passed it at all.

Second problem, only a certain amount of my ram is usable for some reason. I have 16gb of ram on my computer and it reads it, but only a portion of it is usable for some reason ? It always used to say 16gb of ram (7.99 GB usable) but I've only recently started to want to fix that because I've noticed that my frames would always go from 120 constant (because its capped) to 50 and stay there for a few seconds then it would jump back up. I assumed it was the ram because that was really the only problem with my computer. I've literally tried everything to fix this and theres nothing that works. I've looked at all forums and youtube videos and nothing has worked at all. If anyone has any other solutions please feel free to let me know.

SYSTEM SPECS:
16GB of DDR3 Ram
GTX 970
AMD FX-8350
Biostar TA970 MOBO
1TB HDD
126GB SSD.
Thank you and have a beautiful day.

Aug 6, 2018

yes, I'm running a 64 bit version of windows 7 professional. I looked online and someone said to just reinstall windows and they're problem was resolved.. should I just try that?

Aug 6, 2018
Yes I am running a 64bit version of windows (Windows 7 Profesional). There was a point in time where it used to say (12 GB Usable) and then it just randomly went down to 8. I even tried doing this I saw online and it lowered to 256MB of Ram Usable out of 16 ! now it’s just stuck at 3GB.

stdragon

Admirable
1. Turn off the computer and unplug it from the wall. Press the power button to drain residual power. Wait two minute before proceeding to next step.

2. Clear CMOS settings (often a jumper or shorting two pins togeather. Location and how will be documented in your motherboard manual)

3. Remove all DIMMs (RAM) and then re-install to ensure good contact.

4. Remove the CPU from the socket, then re-install to ensure good contact. Clean the surface of the CPU and HSF of old thermal grease, re-apply fresh thermal grease.

5. Reconnect power and turn on. Set your BIOS settings accordingly.

Before doing this, check BIOS shows 16gb

Aug 6, 2018