Question 16gb or 8 gb @3000mhz for ryzen 2400g

THX_Buck

Commendable
May 15, 2019
hey guys i need ur help on helping me decide whether 8gb or 16 gb ram is good for ryzen 2400g.i mostly play fortnite.so will the 16gb ram have much of a difference compared to the 8 gb ram.both at 3000mhz.

mtracy1991

Reputable
You should get 2 x 8 GB sticks. Games these days, regardless of what people say, run better with higher amounts of RAM.

IE: I have 32 GB of RAM and noticed a significant amount of smooth gameplay with Fallout 76 versus having 16 GB.

In essence, the more RAM the better. You don't want to transition towards a game that has memory leaks such as FO4, or an unfinished game such as PUBG in the future because of friends wanting you to play it and your game runs trashy due to the 8GB of RAM, right? I'd suggest 2 sticks of 8 GB equaling at 16GB total. Or 2 sticks of 16GB equaling out at 32GB.

THX_Buck

Commendable
May 15, 2019
You should get 2 x 8 GB sticks. Games these days, regardless of what people say, run better with higher amounts of RAM.

IE: I have 32 GB of RAM and noticed a significant amount of smooth gameplay with Fallout 76 versus having 16 GB.

In essence, the more RAM the better. You don't want to transition towards a game that has memory leaks such as FO4, or an unfinished game such as PUBG in the future because of friends wanting you to play it and your game runs trashy due to the 8GB of RAM, right? I'd suggest 2 sticks of 8 GB equaling at 16GB total. Or 2 sticks of 16GB equaling out at 32GB.
ok thanks i ll go with the 16 gb then