Question 16gb or ram running at 8gb

Sep 28, 2022
Hello, I've got a problem with my RAM, if you know what the problem is I'd greatly appreciate it if you could inform me! The problem I can list is that my system information shows that I have 16gb of physical memory installed, 7.93gb of total physical memory , 4.13gb of available physical memory and 10.4gb of total virtual memory (I'm not sure if any of this is helpful, if not I apologize). I have checked my BIOS and it says my total memory is 8192mb, I've powered off my machine and drained the power and taken out the CMOS and checked if my RAM sticks are in the slots correctly and even switched them and there has been no difference. If anyone could help I'd really really appreciate it.
Thank you.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, I've got a problem with my RAM, if you know what the problem is I'd greatly appreciate it if you could inform me! The problem I can list is that my system information shows that I have 16gb of physical memory installed, 7.93gb of total physical memory , 4.13gb of available physical memory and 10.4gb of total virtual memory (I'm not sure if any of this is helpful, if not I apologize). I have checked my BIOS and it says my total memory is 8192mb, I've powered off my machine and drained the power and taken out the CMOS and checked if my RAM sticks are in the slots correctly and even switched them and there has been no difference. If anyone could help I'd really really appreciate it.
Thank you.
Were these RAM sticks purchased as a set?
What are the motherboard, CPU, and RAM part numbers we are talking about ?

Sep 28, 2022
Were these RAM sticks purchased as a set?
What are the motherboard, CPU
I bought the RAM sticks as a set of 2x8gb ddr4 3200mhz ram , the cpu is an AMD ryzen 5 1600AF and the motherboard is a B450M PRO-M2 MAX
I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by RAM part numbers, sorry for that but current suspicion is that i've just got a faulty DIMM slot

kanewolf

Titan
I bought the RAM sticks as a set of 2x8gb ddr4 3200mhz ram , the cpu is an AMD ryzen 5 1600AF and the motherboard is a B450M PRO-M2 MAX
I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by RAM part numbers, sorry for that but current suspicion is that i've just got a faulty DIMM slot
The simplest way to check for defective RAM is to use MEMTEST86 on one stick at a time.