16GB OUYA in White Launched for Holidays Limited Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBreakyourFace

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
This is inaccurate. The Ouya is more open than any console on the market. What the author refers to is that it does not include Google services, thats it. You can do almost anything to this machine, even over clock it. Please do your research before you lie

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Regardless if it's open or not, other then the piss poor launch it had, OUYA basically killed the native XBMC client so that means not AC3 or DTS support. Side loading is still possible but they made it much more harder then it should be.

I've been hearing about some developers "jumping ship" after that update.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
I loved mine for running emulators, there were even a few fun game demos.
Problem is, some of those demos never became full games, mine overheats unless I lay it on its side so the bottom vent holes have more breathing room and the controller responsiveness isn't all that great.
So..
The great hope for Android powered gaming has received little support from developers, and both the controller and console design needs some overhaul.

You can hate the OUYA. It doesn't have games from major developers, for the most part. I mostly want a console to play sports games and there's not Fifa 14 or NBA 2K14 for OUYA.

The OUYA market is so bad too. I wish they'd bother to distinguish between Alphas, Betas, and Consumer-ready games.

The OUYA is barely open. It's harder to root than most tablets/smart phones and side-loading doesn't work half the time. The console could easily worth great, but those in charge don't really seem interested in making the console successful. It's really frustrating and I understand why developers jumped ship. There's just no reason not to allow USB storage, among other inexplicable problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.