Question 16GB RAM are not enough for COD Warzone?

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
My computer have 16GB RAM its a desktop, just downloaded from battle net, launched the game lowered many graphics settings in game, mainly res 1440x900, when I look to the characters in main menu sub category, I noticed from task manager everytime I look (basically load I guess) to a character fully loaded I saw increase in games RAM usage, it is almost beyond 8GB, sub numbers keep changes of course but the exact moment when I click an un viewed character it adds to the game's ram usage, and its not going away.. I can only imagine it gets worse while actual in game.

Is there a reason why? can I fix this? Warzone also shows my VRAM wrong, it is a 4GB GPU yet game thinks its 5GB

There is no any other program runs at background,

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
You actually need 8GB of ram.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

I actually need 8GB at minimum okay thanks for the link, then pretty much everything else for this game is okay, thank you

Can you also help me about Instant Replay/Highlights/Capture that is on to use at NVIDIA Geforce Experience, I enabled it , also enabled in game. Description says "lets you automatically capture some games" I also checked boxes to what to record, however do I need to do anything else? This is somekind AI magic? How do I use this feature? Remember this is not normal recording, I just want to auto record key moments from the game.

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
then pretty much everything else for this game is okay
We don't know anything about your system apart from the vague information of 16GB and 4GB VRAM.

Sorry I had something other to do, sorry for late reply, I also switched to OBS for recording so no need for NVIDIA stuff ignore my previous comment about nvidia thing

Here is my computer,

CPU: Intel 4770K 4cores (HT enabled)
Motherboard: Pro Gamer ASUS
Ram: 16GB DDR3 dual channel
SSD/HDD: HDD 7200rpm desktop 2TB - kingston SSD 256GB (OS installed on it)
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 4GB
PSU: Corsair something 1000 80 plus
Chassis: literally have no idea, it been almost a decade I have been using (but it have good cooling)
Monitor: ViewSonic standard 1080p 60hz

Should I give another try to the game? I will make sure close everything before entering the game, just my anti-virus is on alone. I also noticed since last time hitting DELETE on Task Manager to end game froze up my computer for a 5 seconds so gotta me remember that to not do it again,

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
then pretty much everything else for this game is okay
We don't know anything about your system apart from the vague information of 16GB and 4GB VRAM.
PROBLEM SOLVED

It seems my concerns was pointless, launched a match with graphics low to mid , game worked perfectly fine,

just to remember , do not look operators in character selection page, it constantly loads up to the RAM, otherwise it is okay,

in fact: I played with max %40 CPU power, quite surprised it did good well,

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Warzone chews RAM; my 32GB system is about 80% used at all times. Warzone is NOT optimized.
Problem is it is developed by Activision and some developers, activision games have only one priority: profit/income. My graphics setting got corrupted after changing some sliders and I had to remove some file in game directory to fix this.

2000s did not have this kind of problems as far as I experienced and remember,

Games become a chore and game quality slightly reduced overall industry. Sad to see this.

Problem is it is developed by Activision and some developers, activision games have only one priority: profit/income. My graphics setting got corrupted after changing some sliders and I had to remove some file in game directory to fix this.

2000s did not have this kind of problems as far as I experienced and remember,

Games become a chore and game quality slightly reduced overall industry. Sad to see this.

Remember that back in the Win32 days total usage for applications was limited to 2GB (barring PAE or the /3GB switch). And pretty much all programs took that much towards the end of the XP days; you just never noticed. Now that restriction is gone, it's much more obvious when an app happily chews away 64GB of RAM becasue there's no artificial limit stopping it from doing so.

TRENDING THREADS