16GB RAM or 480GB SSD

TacticX

Commendable
May 13, 2016
My current laptop has 8GB-1333 RAM and a 240GB Kingston SSD. I'm planning to buy a 2TB External HDD for more storage and i should have enough budget left over to buy either 2x 8GB-1600 RAM modules OR a 480GB Kingston (Maybe Samsung) SSD. Simply put, I can either double my RAM to 16GB or double my storage. I have managed to keep my game installations well setup within the limited space and any movies/audio/game installers etc., i keep them on external HDD's. Even though, I still only have ~20-30GB of free space on my SSD. But at the same time, i play a lot of games like GTA V and Fallout 4 etc. and commonly see my free memory go as low as 1.5GB free (With 3-4GB SWAP). What would be a more effective upgrade for the long-term? 16GB of RAM or the 480GB SSD?
For further info, i would have around 3TB of eHDD (2 eHDD) space, but that requires USB ports to plugin and I've only got 3 (-2 for sound card and mouse)
Even further info, My GPU is a GT 640M so 2016+ AAA Games are out of the question.

Also, as I live in the Philippines the prices aren't as cheap as the US. Most 480GB SSD's here cost around 8000php ($175) whereas the 16GB RAM would cost 5500 in total ($110). The reason I'm asking is because i know that DDR3 is at it's cheapest now, but if I get the SSD and then end up running apps needing a lot of RAM, I'm stuffed. If i get the RAM and need more space i could always stick stuff on the eHDD's...but i don't know.

Hi
On Your laptop I wouldn't go for any more Ram or SSD. It's a tired computer.
It is a waste of money - in my opinion.

It is, my understanding, that your laptop already running at the edge with a SSD among other things -and slow.
You will not be able to run anything closest the the newest games, unless you cut down the graphics.
Best regards from Sweden

TacticX

Commendable
May 13, 2016
I don't plan on playing the latest games anyway, but this isn't that low in performance. The GPU is dated but it still uses an i7-3610QM and handles everything i throw so far, even though modern games like GTA V i have to run on medium.

TacticX

Commendable
May 13, 2016
I'm just asking on opinion which would be more useful. Twice the SSD capacity or twice the RAM. I'm staring to lean more to the RAM side since I have a lot of eHDD storage available and my games and apps tend to use quite a bit of RAM. But 480GB of SSD storage seems quite useful too.