16gb vs 32gb for gaming

Dec 19, 2018
Is it worth the extra money to get 32gb ram? i was looking at the G.SKILL Tridentz rgb 16GB 3200 mhz or 32gb in the same ram to take up all 4 ram slots. Or should i get 3600 mhz 16gb. Would 32gb be good for future proofing?

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
I agree and disagree with SR-71 Blackbird. While I agree 16GB is plenty at them moment in gaming I don't think we're much more then a year or two off from 32GB being useful in some games much like 16GB is now. Many games are fine with 8GB but a few really do require 16GB today (recommended spec). So as I said I disagree that going with 32GB won't be useful soon, depending on your definition of the word in regards to PC gaming. I am actually running 32GB now and have been for a year ;)

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

Maybe and I truly do take your opinion in high regard but people said the same thing 2 years ago about 16GB systems. They were wrong as we see 16GB as the recommend spec in a fair number of new games now. I don't argue if your strictly talking in today's games 16Gb isn't plenty, it is. I am only speaking to 1-2 years down the line in respect to 32GB. I truly believe at the rate memory usage as doubled in games over time that 32GB is on point for 2020 games.