Question 16Tb SSD drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

crownute

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Hi All, thanks for the add! I need some info on a 16Tb SSD external Drive I purchased, It wont keep data as I did purchase it for storage, I copied a whole lot of data over and when I wen to add more later on the drive was empty. have formated it to exfat, alls fine, but then I decided to format to NTFS and see if this sorts out the problem, well after 6 days came up with an error of (The second NTFS boot sector is unwritable) and then ( The first NTFS boot sector is unwritable) and then (All NTFS boot sectors are unwritable) cannot continue, Format Failed, Format Failed?? seems I cannot add a screenshot of the windows error anyone got any ideas on how to fix or just dump them?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sorry to say, but unless you paid several thousand dollars for it, its fake

all cheap ssd/USB drives with large capacity are fakes. They almost all have sd cards in them that are no where near capacity you paid for. The controller chip on sdcard lies to the PC about what space it has, and when you write more than it can take, it just writes over top again. Its not safe for any data really.

they are still working on releasing the 1st internal one now - https://www.techradar.com/news/16tb-m2-nvme-ssds-wont-be-coming-any-time-soon-heres-why

16tb portable ones don't exist yet. largest you can get is 4tb now.
you can get 8tb external drives now but they cost $AUD 3270.00 and lt looks like its for Enterprise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grobe
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS