17-w220nr HP Omen SSD upgrade with a twist?

atraeon

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
Hello folks. I have an HP Omen 17-w220nr with a 128 gb ssd installed. I have a spare 256 gb ssd from an Acer Predator Helios 300 I would like to install in it. The 256 gb from the Helios 300 still has the OS and probably a couple programs and games installed on it. Will this be a problem when I install it in the Omen? If so what steps do I need to take to wipe it or format it? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Solution
You will want to do a clean install of Windows on the new drive. During the Windows' installation, it will provide you with disk management tools to delete existing partitions. Remember to backup any data on the 256 GB SSD before you start the process. After the installation is completed, you can proceed with installing additional software and drivers at your own discretion.
You will want to do a clean install of Windows on the new drive. During the Windows' installation, it will provide you with disk management tools to delete existing partitions. Remember to backup any data on the 256 GB SSD before you start the process. After the installation is completed, you can proceed with installing additional software and drivers at your own discretion.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS