18.1 inch LCDs

G

I am looking at the Sony SDM-N80, SDM-M81, Phillips Brillance 180P, and Samsung SyncMaster 800TFT..

There is certainly a price difference between each.. but I am going to use this extra monitor space for gaming .. I am worried about ghosting.. after reading all the posts about this problem

G

Might want to look into the viewsonic vp181, and a quality digital out video card, you will have no ghosting at all.

G

actually, you have to go see for yourself, I would say...some people say this is good, and some say that is good...

right now I'm using the NEC MultiSync LCD1830BK, and I think it's just simply amazing

G

I'm using the N80 with brightness turned down just a trifle. Operating off a GeForce2 Ultra I have no problem with ghosts.

darius

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi, wanted to ask you about the NEC 1830 you say you have. I was looking into getting one to replace a 21" Sony CRT. Can you tell me what you think of the NEC?
Thank you

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm curious about this NEC monitor too. Is it good for gaming, and will it work analogue and digital? or just one or the other..