.18 P4 = POS!!!!

G

GO HERE & READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE- DON'T JUST SKIM IT.

<A HREF="http://www.hardware-unlimited.com/reviews/athlon133ddr/index6.shtml" target="_new">http://www.hardware-unlimited.com/reviews/athlon133ddr/index6.shtml</A>
*ripped URL from The Inquirer*

No wonder Intel is selling them for so cheap.

Reminds me of the turbo button on my 386 that would switch the processor speed from 16 mhz to 33mhz.

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Hmmm.....This is a very strange case, as it mentions that the throtling ony occurs under Q3A......Very strange, never heard about that before. I don't see why Tom never got these issues and mentioned them on any of his P4 reviews before. Maybe this guy at the link that did that review didn;t know what he was doing, but none the less, that is a very strange scenario.

-MeTaL RoCkEr

Burn MF, BURN!!!

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<font color=green>"Overclockers have a particular reason for concern here. Throttling reduces the possibility that they will damage their CPU, but perhaps instead of squeaking out a 10% boost in performance, they could end up with a 50% reduction!!! Not a joking matter to the hardcore overclocker."</font color=green>

I guess overclocking a 1.7 gig P4 is not an option! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Thx & Cya

<font color=red>There are only 2 types of hard drives. Ones that have crashed and ones that are about to.</font color=red>

G

I totally agree that it is kind of strange that Tom never had these problems.

Maybe Intel made sure to give him an excellent engineering sample? (would'nt want another P!!! 1.13 fiasco)
or
Maybe Dr.Tom knew about the problem and doesn't have the balls anymore to go up against Intel?
or
Maybe Intel gave Dr. Tom a little incentive to look the other way, if you know what I mean?
or
Other?
Either way if it is true (this is the second report in as many weeks about throttling) it does not bode well for anybody that buys a p4 expecting to be able to use all its power.