Question 1809 Freeze/Hang

Dec 19, 2018
Tried all the fixes and still getting random freezes on You Tube and also on desktop.You Tube issue can be described as a slight stop and start or stutter.This is a clean install.

Ralston18

Titan
Just YouTube - no other websites?

Desktop Hardware specs? (OS being Windows 1809.) What browser are you using?

Look in Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that occur just before or at the time of the freezes.,

Consider that having just done a clean install, Windows may be trying to do some updates to the current version.

Just leave the desktop be for a while to let the update process catch up and complete.

If the problem continues then use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe what the desktop is doing. Observe with and without YouTube.

Dec 19, 2018
I updated the Intel Display Driver to 5063(MajorGeeks) since it works with my specs and freezing stopped.I tried several graphics drivers but this one worked for some reason.Maybe this one is more compatible with 1809.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018
Did a clean install had some hangs but then ran chkdsk /f and it seemed to cure the hangs.Leaving it as is and not updating any drivers to rule out all other factors.Using Defender also will take the AV out of the mix.