1866Mhz CL8 vs 2400Mhz CL10 TridentX

DeliciousJaffa

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
Hello, I'm currently looking to get new RAM with my upgrade that I'm planning.

I'm currently deciding between two choices, other suggestions are welcome however.

1: http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Skill-F3-1866C8D-16GTX-Memory-1866MHz-DDR3-RAM/dp/B009V57KW6/
2: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skill-PC3-19200-2400MHz-Gaming-Memory/dp/B007V9PZFI/

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Case: Thermaltake VO200M1W2N (Black) ATX Full Tower Case
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)
PSU: Cooler Master GX-Series 650W 80 Plus PSU

DeliciousJaffa

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013

From reading your past posts about this motherboard, I'd have to ask for some hard evidence on that claim. Besides, even if it is faulty, I will have purchased through Amazon who in my experience and the experience of anyone else I have spoken to, have good customer service.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Well just starting with personal experience, I get more problem calls on MSI mobos than any two other manufacturers put together, and with MSI only accounting for about/less than 15% of all mobos sold by the top 4 manufacturers, that's a lot....and it's not like it's a common problem with any given model, it's across the board model wise and problem wise. With this particular model alone I've found failed SATA, ethernet, and USB ports, I've found defective DRAM slots and if you look at the user reviews on this and their other mobos it's the same, not to mention bad PCI-E slots, CPU sockets and lets not forget the initial boards went out with problems with their Killer NICs, that they found after shipping, so many early buyers couldn't connect to the net till they got a BIOS update in.....the bit with ethernet is sort of a maybe, but all these other odd problems tend to point to poor QC. A steady decline in sales over the last 5 years doesn't help much either.......For me in particular, as a builder, I don't take chances on what I consider iffy products (nor do the builders and IT folks I network with, they are hands off with MSI also), if a problem pops up, then it's me that has to take care of taking the rig apart, doing the RMA, and rebuilding the system - on my dime, not to mention providing a loaner system while all this goes on which can take from a week to a month or more. If a client wants to insist on MSI for the mobo, I send them elsewhere...it's hard to turn down an easy $100 to order parts and put a system together, but it's not worth the possible headaches and costs that may well occur (and have occurred in the past), which is why I stick with Asus, the Rock and GB as the only mobos I'll build on