19" 1440x900 To 24" 1920x1080 , Any Difference?

FaqirKhan

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014
Hello , I am sorry , It's kinda stupid question , But I live in a small tribal town in NWFP Pakistan near Afghanistan where everyone with a computer has 1024x768 Resolution LCD's and I am lucky to have a 1440x900 LCD [And the best PC of the Town :D]
[They only take AK-47's out here in the streets and Bam Bam Bam]
I have ordered a 1920x1080 24" Samsung LCD and It's on it's way from the City.
I can still say no to the deal as I haven't paid the dealer yet..
And I have never felt or seen how a HD 24" LCD feels....
I have seen that LCD in Pictures but not in real life... So I am asking that will I see a huge difference or eye pleasing difference that will cheer me up or will it feel regular?
I don't play games , only movies and surfing...
P.S. I am doing so as My 1440x900 LCD is a bit damaged.
Thanks in Advance :)

Solution
If you don't know the difference, I would say ignorance is bliss. If you have to pay a ton of money for your Monitor, it may not be worth it.

If the damage to your monitor is significant, I would say go for it. You can see a difference in movies from 900 to 1080. There will also be more area to put screens and read on a 1080p screen, which is also useful. It just really depends on what you're getting for the price you're paying.

mjranew

Honorable
May 13, 2012
If you don't know the difference, I would say ignorance is bliss. If you have to pay a ton of money for your Monitor, it may not be worth it.

If the damage to your monitor is significant, I would say go for it. You can see a difference in movies from 900 to 1080. There will also be more area to put screens and read on a 1080p screen, which is also useful. It just really depends on what you're getting for the price you're paying.

Solution

InvalidError

Titan
The 24" will probably feel huge initially and possibly give you headaches while you adjust to the size but after that, it will no longer feel like such a big deal.

At least that was my experience going from 20" to 24" about seven years ago. It was very similar to when I went from a 15" to 19" CRT 14 years ago.

FaqirKhan

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014

Its Pakistan not Afghanistan :) I have studied in an English Grammar School , I have an educated family , but we have lands here which my father won't leave , so we are here in the town yet :)
Thanks for the Answer.

FaqirKhan

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014

The Price is good , I am comfortable with it :) Thanks for the Answer !

FaqirKhan

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014

Hmmmm Thanks for the reply , well then I am ready to get surprised :)