19" LCD Monitor

I'm in a market for a new Monitor. I am considering 3 LCD makes, and I am
willing to spend approx $500. The brands I am interested are
1. Sony, 2. NEC, 3. Viewsonic. Should I consider other brands, and would
like to hear your experience, pro and contra, with these makes.

Riga LVB wrote:

> I'm in a market for a new Monitor. I am considering 3 LCD makes, and I am
> willing to spend approx $500. The brands I am interested are
> 1. Sony, 2. NEC, 3. Viewsonic. Should I consider other brands, and would
> like to hear your experience, pro and contra, with these makes.

I read a good review recently of a Samsung LCD, but I'm sorry I don't remember
the model no. I have a 19" CRT of theirs which is the best I have owned. FWIW.
bj

I've had only positive experiences with these brands of traditional monitors, no
experience yet with their LCD units. Their monitors are well made and they last
a long time when given normal care and feeding... Ben Myers

On Mon, 23 May 2005 13:59:11 GMT, "Riga LVB" <amberland@wi.rr.com> wrote:

>I'm in a market for a new Monitor. I am considering 3 LCD makes, and I am
>willing to spend approx $500. The brands I am interested are
>1. Sony, 2. NEC, 3. Viewsonic. Should I consider other brands, and would
>like to hear your experience, pro and contra, with these makes.

Scott

Riga LVB wrote:

> I'm in a market for a new Monitor. I am considering 3 LCD makes, and I am
> willing to spend approx $500. The brands I am interested are
> 1. Sony, 2. NEC, 3. Viewsonic. Should I consider other brands, and would
> like to hear your experience, pro and contra, with these makes.

Riga,

After much research, I purchased a 17" Samsung 173P flat panel monitor last
winter. The image quality is superb, plus it looks simply fabulous. Check
out the reviews at:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Samsung_SyncMaster_173P/4505-3174_7-30630207.html

I was looking for a 19" monitor, but the reviews swayed me. I'm so happy I
bought this monitor. It's the best one I've ever owned.

For the best price (I believe it's $399.00), just click on this link for
amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html/002-7193740-2800061

Scott

Samsung monitor quality has improved dramatically over the years, from the
original not-too-good monitors maybe 10 years ago... Ben Myers

"chicagofan" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Riga LVB wrote:
>
> > I'm in a market for a new Monitor. I am considering 3 LCD makes, and I
am
> > willing to spend approx $500. The brands I am interested are
> > 1. Sony, 2. NEC, 3. Viewsonic. Should I consider other brands, and would
> > like to hear your experience, pro and contra, with these makes.
>

> I read a good review recently of a Samsung LCD, but I'm sorry I don't
remember
> the model no. I have a 19" CRT of theirs which is the best I have owned.
FWIW.
> bj

Another vote for Samsung. Got a Samsung Synchmaster 191T-Plus. Love it.

Might want to consider this one. A $200 rebate! Hurry though, one day
only.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001156

Whichever you choose, look for a minimum of a 3-year warranty that
covers the backlight. There are some cheaper models - even from big
names like NEC-Mitsubishi - that have only a 1-year warranty.

Replacing the backlight on an LCD costs about $150, so get the 3-year
coverage.

Riga LVB wrote:
> I'm in a market for a new Monitor. I am considering 3 LCD makes, and I am
> willing to spend approx $500. The brands I am interested are
> 1. Sony, 2. NEC, 3. Viewsonic. Should I consider other brands, and would
> like to hear your experience, pro and contra, with these makes.

Suggest going to www.copernic.com and downloading their "free" search
engine..., the thing once loaded goes out on hundreds of other search
engines within seconds and finds info on anything!!
Just enter Sony LCD..., or anything else and within a short time you'll more
"reviews" than you can read in one evening...!! As I mentioned.., IT FREE!

Am I getting paranoid or does this sound like spyware?! www.google.com is
all you need to know IMO.

snert wrote:

> Am I getting paranoid or does this sound like spyware?! www.google.com is
> all you need to know IMO.

AMEN! Talk about superfluous software! And as you pointed out, probably
inviting all kinds of nasty or unnecessary visitors to your pc.
bj

> "81mm" <res0n8e5@verizon.net> wrote
>>Suggest going to www.copernic.com and downloading their "free" search
>>engine..., the thing once loaded goes out on hundreds of other search
>>engines within seconds and finds info on anything!!
>>Just enter Sony LCD..., or anything else and within a short time you'll
>
> more"reviews" than you can read in one evening...!! As I mentioned.., IT
>
> FREE!

Geeeez.., "getting paranoid"??! Somebody trys to help and two more
"experts" show up!! Hey.., if it was spyware.., wouldn't your filters catch
it..??! Yes.., you are para-nerds..!!!

81mm wrote:

> Geeeez.., "getting paranoid"??! Somebody trys to help and two more
> "experts" show up!! Hey.., if it was spyware.., wouldn't your filters catch
> it..??! Yes.., you are para-nerds..!!!

Nope... not an expert; and didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with
your advice. :) I just consider it *unnecessary* to download software to do
something many sites on the web do for you, with a click and the entry of what
you are looking for. That's much simpler to me.
bj

> Geeeez.., "getting paranoid"??! Somebody trys to help and two more
> "experts" show up!! Hey.., if it was spyware.., wouldn't your filters
catch
> it..??! Yes.., you are para-nerds..!!!

Google returns 100 times more than you can look at. Why the heck would I
want hundreds times more? Are you making money of this useless stuff? No
matter what you say I wouldn't download it. Redundant and not worth the
risk. You can't be too careful these days. I'd rather be an un-infected
"para-nerd" than an idiot that loads everything in sight on a system only to
hose it.

Samsung 930B,DVI,analog,one of best!