[SOLVED] 190-210 internet Mb/s but slow download speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

alihamad2003

Reputable
Jun 22, 2017
HI, So I just want to make sure why I literally have around 190- 220 Mb/s (tested from speed test) on wired/wireless 5G but when I download a file or a video file to be specific I only get around 300-400 KB/s ( shown from Ctrl+J in the downloads tab from google chrome). Iv'e tried some tweaking from google DNS <Mod Edit> where you put some numbers in your IPV4 and IPV6 in control panel and I tried the thing where you put some commands in CMD admin that goes something like" autotuning level" and "heuristics" where you play around with them and see what's best for you. They did get better but only but like a 100KB/s (which is the max I reached around 400KB/s. There's also a popular website that tells you how much time you spend waiting for a download depending on your numbers and it tells me I only need 30 seconds or something to download a 300mb file where as when i try to download it it says 1 hour or more on google chrome (maybe not accurate but still). I'm not sure if they are legit (because iv'e tried multiple websites and all of them give almost the same download time calculations) but it should make sense that higher download speed the faster you download things no? Oh and btw I have the parallel downloading thing enabled you might ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.