Question 1903 Background Change

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
Anyone know how to change the 1903 background back to how it was beforehand? (without reverting the version of windows, obviously).

It really annoys me being that light of a color. I've searched and so far can't find anythign telling if there's a way to change it... which I kind of doubt there is.

They need to stop so often doing drastic changes related to the look. I have a vision issue, so some changes really bother me. And most people don't want big changes in the look, they justw ant bug fixes, security, and new features.

Last edited:

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
I haven't downloaded it yet but have you tried looking in windows personalization?
yes, I looked, but none of the backgrounds looked right. It had a browse button, so maybe there is some other place where older backgrounds were.... but I assumed if it's still a choice, it would be there with the other ones.

I'm sure it will seem trivial, but I'm sensitive to the slightest changes in about anything. lol. I'd probably get sued to it, but would rather it be the darker shade.

D

Deleted member 14196

i don't understand the question. how is it different than setting your color preferences as usual? you can always install and use Classic Shell to make it look like older windows. 1903 is not a drastic change at all.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Microsoft removed the old one and don't host it anywhere

but here is a 4k version you can download and use

S9Mj5u9.jpg

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
Thanks, Colif, but by it saying 4k is it only used when the screen res is set to 4k or it will use it at any res, but the image is specifically 4k resolution?

As for the other posts, I am talking about the brackground image, as is talked about at the link Colif gave.

I would restore windows back and then download the image, and update yet again, but that would be a big hassle, especially with my pc already about on its last leg.

I'm not the only one to consider it a drastic change, as some article was bragging about what a big and supposedly great change it was.

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
There is a a dark and light setting at the bottom of colors page, perhaps if you hit dark it would be better for you?
that doesn't change the background (the desktop background). Although I probably should stat doing darker themes in general. People say darker themes are easier on the eyes and I ahve a bad vision problem and have been using default themes for decades.

I like nice bright whites, but I bet it does strain the eyes more...

D

Deleted member 14196

i don't usually use background images. I use a solid easy to look at color and use BGInfo to put my computer details on the screen. that way i can always know what machine I am currently working on (I remote a lot)