1920 x 1080p gaming in ultra wide screen.

Sep 25, 2018
I'm hesitating about buying an LG 25UM58-P ultra wide monitor for productivity and a bit of design and photography because it's not very expensive and it has 99% sRGB. I will also use for gaming but I just want to play 1920 x 1080 so I get better frame rates and quality in my GTX 770 (I don't really like ultra wide gaming too). I wanted to ask the community if it is possible to play games in 1920 x 1080 in ultra wide monitors, if there's any issue and if there are better monitors for design and gaming. By the way, my budget is around 200€.

Thank you.

Solution
black bars don't cause burn in by definition. burn in is caused by static parts of picture, you can't get burn in because of no picture. and for burn in even to occur in modern LCDs it would take years of constant 24/7 static image display.

black bars may lead to uneven wear which may become visible later on. later being 5+ years of 24/7 gaming with black bars
Sep 25, 2018

Thank you, I knew I would get black bars but I wanted to know other issue like screen burn in. That would happen as well if you play 4:3 in CSGO in a 16:9 screen right?

black bars don't cause burn in by definition. burn in is caused by static parts of picture, you can't get burn in because of no picture. and for burn in even to occur in modern LCDs it would take years of constant 24/7 static image display.

black bars may lead to uneven wear which may become visible later on. later being 5+ years of 24/7 gaming with black bars

Solution