1920x1080p or 2560x1080p Ultrawide 29:1 monitor

I am curious if 1920x1080p would look fine on an ultra wide monitor or if I should go for the 2560x1080p version for the same price. The difference is that if I go with the higher resolution monitor, I probably will have to go SLI with my 770 to play games like Battlefield 4 (my benchmark for the pc that I am building). So I would like to know is the 2560x1080p worth getting a second gpu for, or is 1920x1080p OK looking at this wide of a screen.

Solution
You'll get plenty of extra workspace on ultra wide monitor , but unless you plan to just watch games and movies with Cinemascope appearance , as they appear in the cinema, you'd be better off with 1920x1080p

Most games support ultra wide resolution anyways btw so if you do go that front, it won't be that awful either.

What you will get is one part of the monitor not showing any game whatsoall if you try 1920x1080p on ultra wide because vertical resolutions are same for both monitors, only horizontal ones are different, so no distortion of image will occur if you are asking that.

Bassim Ansari

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
You'll get plenty of extra workspace on ultra wide monitor , but unless you plan to just watch games and movies with Cinemascope appearance , as they appear in the cinema, you'd be better off with 1920x1080p

Most games support ultra wide resolution anyways btw so if you do go that front, it won't be that awful either.

What you will get is one part of the monitor not showing any game whatsoall if you try 1920x1080p on ultra wide because vertical resolutions are same for both monitors, only horizontal ones are different, so no distortion of image will occur if you are asking that.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS