1920x1080p resolution stretching too far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblock2490

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Hello community! I recently purchased an EVGA GTX 570 HD, and purchased a Dynex HDMI cable to connect it to my monitor. Previously, I had been using a VGA cable with a VGA to DVI adapter on the video card's end. This resulted in annoying flickering that would come and go, and became quite annoying. Anyways, the HDMI cable/signal looks great, but for some reason at 1920x1080 screen resolution it stretches the image too far. An example would be that half of my task bar (the bottom) is cut off the edge of the monitor, and this type of effect occurs on all sides. A secondary effect is that I will hear a popping noise sometimes coming from my monitor speakers, but this effect is only experienced with the HDMI cable. With a second monitor connected, the desktop icons display on the secondary monitor, even though it is not set as primary. I have set the monitor's input signal type to HDMI, but to no avail.

If anyone has experienced similar issues with the same or even different monitors, please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated! In the meantime I'll keep trying different things, maybe even bring the HDMI cable back to the store and get a replacement.

The monitor I own is a 25" I-INC iF251.

Thank you!

Solution
You need to find the under/overscan option in Nvidia Control panel - it will be a slider bar which you can adjust to re-size the image to fit on your screen.

jblock2490

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Ah, you know, because that option in the Nvidia control panel was unable to be edited, and said it was controlled by my monitor itself, I realized I just had to go into the monitors settings and change it from VIDEO to PC. Thanks for the tip! All fixed now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.