1992 Buick Lesabre custom radio error

Pekingese

Honorable
Mar 9, 2015
Hello all, I just recently got a 92 lesabre custom, and it's been good. But the radio has some issues. At first the radio wouldn't turn on, so I checked the fuse box and found its fuse was gone. So I replaced it. Then the battery died, so I got a new battery and the radio works fine, in a manner if speaking. The radio will reset itself everytime I restart the car. And the ac setting of defrosting the windshield will always still be selected. Everytime I start the car it will revert back to these settings, and there is a like a cracking sound to the right of the radio as well, sounds like its behind the glovebox, it will stay cracking when the speakers are turned off, what's the issue? Should I be worried about this? How do I fix this?

If radio loses settings when turning car off, it is wired improperly. Most car radios have two voltage wires: One permanently wired to the battery, other wired to "Acc" circuit of the car.

Find a reputable auto-audio shop to help you. I doubt AC settings are controlled thru the radio, you might have bad connection elsewhere.