Question 1g internet, do I need extra hardware

priceyant

Reputable
Jul 2, 2018
I have 1g internet and I was doing research about it because I kept having my internet drop out and it would say I have no connection on my desktop and it would come back after like 3 seconds. After doing research I found I need some hardware and I had most of it but two things I found interesting. It said I needed a cat5e or better cable and I already had those but I didn’t know about a copper Ethernet interface and I don’t know if I need that to get the full potential of my internet. Picture of specs
My question is do I need to buy this copper Ethernet interface and what would I need to replace in my pc or add.

kanewolf

Titan
I have 1g internet and I was doing research about it because I kept having my internet drop out and it would say I have no connection on my desktop and it would come back after like 3 seconds. After doing research I found I need some hardware and I had most of it but two things I found interesting. It said I needed a cat5e or better cable and I already had those but I didn’t know about a copper Ethernet interface and I don’t know if I need that to get the full potential of my internet. Picture of specs
My question is do I need to buy this copper Ethernet interface and what would I need to replace in my pc or add.
WIFI will never provide 1Gb performance. Most people get 300 to 600Mbit max depending on the network hardware and client hardware. Your Dell motherboard has an ethernet port.
What network hardware do you have?