[SOLVED] 1Gig over ethernet but wireless only getting 200mb?

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
I have a high end gigabit asus router and 1Gig speeds, Over ethernet i get around 950mb but over wireless i only get around 200, I used to get around 600 before they replaced my modem with one that can support 1Gig. I also have dual WAN active with 2 ethernet cables, why would this happen?

Solution
What are you asking. What speed do you expect out of wifi. You can't believe any of those numbers they are doing things like adding transmit and receive speed. This would be like calling a ethernet cable 2gbit but ethernet can actually do that where wifi is half duplex.

Most times you only get about 300mbps and that assumes you have a fancy wifi nic card in your machine. Does no good for a router to support 4x4 mimo when you nic card only has 2 antenna.

Now if you asking about having 2 ethernet ports that you are very very lucky you have not crashed your network. This many times will cause a loop. Even when you have a feature called port bonding on the switch/router it still can't actually use both links to increase the...
I have a high end gigabit asus router and 1Gig speeds, Over ethernet i get around 950mb but over wireless i only get around 200, I used to get around 600 before they replaced my modem with one that can support 1Gig. I also have dual WAN active with 2 ethernet cables, why would this happen?
It could be set to proitize all Ethernet over WiFi check settings online prioritize you phone first

What are you asking. What speed do you expect out of wifi. You can't believe any of those numbers they are doing things like adding transmit and receive speed. This would be like calling a ethernet cable 2gbit but ethernet can actually do that where wifi is half duplex.

Most times you only get about 300mbps and that assumes you have a fancy wifi nic card in your machine. Does no good for a router to support 4x4 mimo when you nic card only has 2 antenna.

Now if you asking about having 2 ethernet ports that you are very very lucky you have not crashed your network. This many times will cause a loop. Even when you have a feature called port bonding on the switch/router it still can't actually use both links to increase the bandwidth of a single transfer. The method it uses can actually put all the traffic on 1 link and leave the other unused.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution