1ms monitor with 60hz

Solution
if you play mostly fps games then you are gonna benefit from it, if not then you should really get an ips panel because it has better colors reproduction and viewing angels.

Hazzraz

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
if you play mostly fps games then you are gonna benefit from it, if not then you should really get an ips panel because it has better colors reproduction and viewing angels.

Solution
G

i did not notice it was a tn panel thank you i want a ips even if i am playing fps games my last monitor was only a 720p resolution so anything is a upgrade just wasn't sure about that asus

1ms on 60Hz panel does not mean anything.
What is the use of 1ms response if the monitor is running only at 60Hz?
The image will be update only every 16-17ms and the monitor can only display max 60 fps.
Such a thing is only a wee bit smoother or has less ghosting effect than those 60Hz monitors with slower response.

This 1ms response is also indicating that the monitor is using TN panel.
60Hz TN monitors are the worst monitors you can ever get.

If you are on budget, you should only best pick between 144Hz TN or 60Hz IPS.
they are good with their own pros and cons.

Looking only @ the response time is the most common mistake during buying a monitor.
If you want to have smooth experience but on budget, refresh rate is the more important to look at e.g. 144Hz
If you want to have good image qualiy but on budget, panel type is the more important e.g. IPS, VA.
If you have money and wanna have the smoothness and good image quality, you can look at those 144/165Hz IPS/VA panels.

G

that's why i made this post to see if the 1 ms response time and the 60hz refresh rate was anything special though i do want a 144 hz gaming monitor with or without freesync like those $250+ ones do you have any suggestions on that?

G

i kind of like the asus one do you know how well it is against the AOC 144hz monitor?

Looking from picture quality, etc. all of those are quite similar.
There is only very few monitor panel manufacturer on this world.
Those monitors are mostlikely using the same panel from the same manufacturer.

The diffrences between brands are mainly only from firmware and QC parts.
If you like AOC, it is also not bad.
For monitors, I buy mainly only ASUS, Dell, Acer, LG and BenQ.

G

it would only be until i start wanting to get the best tn panel and even the ips panel gaming monitors then i would start paying like 600 dollars or so i am guessing? like the asus rog monitor

Hazzraz

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
i advice you to wait, more budget friendly monitors are in the way i don't know when and who but it already becoming a trend for monitors to be equip with either gsync or freesync and higher refresh rates.

G

so wait like 3-4 months to use my computer that seems smart because i have a dual gtx 1070 and no monitor i want ot use my computer as fast as possible the gaming monitor will be an upgrade though i want as much color as possible so i just want a ips panel response time i dont care about but higher reresh rates i want i need a monitor on budget but i really dont want frameless as it seems too weird to me