[SOLVED] 1st android phone

jakhmakc

Commendable
Feb 6, 2018
I currently have an iphone and I have wanted to try an android phone for a while but unlike iphone there are so many I don't know where to start. I have been looking at the oneplus 7 pro, the galaxy note 9, and the pixel 3.If anyone has any other recommendations for an android phone I would be open for suggestions. (I live in America if that matters on the decision)

Solution
That all depends on what you want to get out of the experience. If you're looking to tinker with all the mods Android allows, I would look at either the OnePlus 7 Pro or Pixel. They are both easily unlocked and have great developer support. I personally have a OnePlus 6T and my wife has the Pixel 3. They are both great phones. Samsung phones don't do it for me since they're locked down tight. I'm also not a fan of the skin and useless gimmicks Samsung uses, but that's personal preference. All three of the phones mentioned would give you a good Android experience. Just choose the one that speaks to you.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
What version of iPhone did/do you have?

There are scads of non-flagship Android-powered phones that will run rings around iPhones that are a few generations old. In addition, you need to figure out what your needs and desires are.

It is terribly easy to "overbuy" in the world of smartphones much like it is for computers. Focus on the features you use and need/want. All the rest is noise. Also consider how frequently you like to upgrade your phone.

That all depends on what you want to get out of the experience. If you're looking to tinker with all the mods Android allows, I would look at either the OnePlus 7 Pro or Pixel. They are both easily unlocked and have great developer support. I personally have a OnePlus 6T and my wife has the Pixel 3. They are both great phones. Samsung phones don't do it for me since they're locked down tight. I'm also not a fan of the skin and useless gimmicks Samsung uses, but that's personal preference. All three of the phones mentioned would give you a good Android experience. Just choose the one that speaks to you.

Solution