1st Build Help

TheGloriousMR

Reputable
Apr 30, 2015
I will be building my 1st pc in about 2 weeks.This is mostly for gaming but will also use it for other minor task like photoshop and word. I have this so far (link below) but any suggestions on reducing the price for a couple hundo would really help my pocket.I do however DO NOT want to sacrifice games looking the best they can with the budget i have. Im a noob at this so any suggestions that might make this better with same or less amount would be greatly appreciated. If possible.I would like the case to have a window on the side but not crucial i suppose.The power supply i picked on my own and i dont know what im doing clearly so any advice on that would help a ton.

Thanks in advance.

PS: any pro tips on actually building the pc? Thanks again.

http://

Original thread

http://

Solution
Some tips I often give:
1- Don't build your computer over carpets or with shoes that don't let the electricity flow. If you can you can get a cheap antistatic wrist bracelet.
2- Careful when mounting the CPU, the pins can easily bend if you don't put it correctly. Only touch it on the sides and gently lower it, center it with the hole and drop it. Once it's in place, don't touch it anymore. Mounting the cooler really depends on what the cooler is but make sure your case has a back window where u can access the back of your mobo to screw it in. Mine was off center and I couldn't screw it, so I had to unscrew my mobo and take it back again.
3- ALWAYS put the IO back plate that comes with the motherboard before installing the mobo. If you...

NunoAntunes

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Some tips I often give:
1- Don't build your computer over carpets or with shoes that don't let the electricity flow. If you can you can get a cheap antistatic wrist bracelet.
2- Careful when mounting the CPU, the pins can easily bend if you don't put it correctly. Only touch it on the sides and gently lower it, center it with the hole and drop it. Once it's in place, don't touch it anymore. Mounting the cooler really depends on what the cooler is but make sure your case has a back window where u can access the back of your mobo to screw it in. Mine was off center and I couldn't screw it, so I had to unscrew my mobo and take it back again.
3- ALWAYS put the IO back plate that comes with the motherboard before installing the mobo. If you don't, you'll have to take it off.
4- The spring thing that holds the CPU in place may require some strength to lock it down. It's normal.
5- Only use a small amount of thermal paste. You can look it up, it should be a little bit smaller than a pea.
6- Make sure you have the correct airflow on your case. Look on the internet what's the best for your specific case, if the front ones sucking air in and the back ones expelling or the opposite. The fans have an arrow on the side that says which direction the air flows to.
7- Installing the RAM is probably the easiest but it may require more strength than what you actually think.
8- The SSD and HDD should connect to the ESATA ports of your mobo and to the PSU. I don't know about that PSU but I think all corsair ones use some things I actually hate called daisy chains to connect them to the PSU. They have several connectors displayed in a chain where u should connect your internal drives. It's fine to leave some of them not connected to anything and that usually makes the case a bit more messy on the inside but oh well.
9- There's usually a hole near the PSU where the semi modular cable should go through. Run it through that hole before locking the PSU in place with the screws because it might not fit through the hole once it's locked down.
10- When you have your computer completely built, you should install the software by this order (preferrably, not mandatory):
- Install BIOS updates via pendrive (some BIOS have incompatibilities with devil's canyon processors, which may cause BSOD's)
- Install Windows
- Install the motherboard software and drivers
- Install video card driver followed by all the others

Solution