Question 1st build just posted. Now having issues

Oct 1, 2020
Just built my first PC and it posted but I am having some issues. I attached a usb to the computer before turning it on that had windows on it. I was unable to select it when booting but was prompted to download windows anyway. Once in windows The computer is using the on board display rather than my gpu even though the hdmi is plugged into my gpu. The other issue I had is there is no network driver installed so I cannot connect to the internet. The motherboard is a gigabyte z490 vision G it came with a cd but I dont have a cd reader. Wondering where to go from here to fix the GPU and internet issue? Thanks

The computer is using the on board display rather than my gpu even though the hdmi is plugged into my gpu.
That's impossible. It could NEVER happen on ANY system. Either you have the display cable plugged into the motherboard output OR it is NOT using the iGPU. There are no other possible options. It cannot be using the iGPU if the display cable is plugged into the HDMI output on your graphics card. Period.

What are the models of your CPU and graphics card?

What BIOS version are you currently running on your motherboard?

Once in windows The computer is using the on board display rather than my gpu even though the hdmi is plugged into my gpu.
Make sure the GPU is installed properly. When GPU is detected, the ouput will be set to the GPU by default.

The other issue I had is there is no network driver installed so I cannot connect to the internet. The motherboard is a gigabyte z490 vision G it came with a cd but I dont have a cd reader.
For network driver (LAN) you can get by official manufacturer site : https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z490-VISION-G-rev-1x/support#support-dl
download and copy to your USB Flash drive.

Oct 1, 2020
Make sure the GPU is installed properly. When GPU is detected, the ouput will be set to the GPU by default.

For network driver (LAN) you can get by official manufacturer site : https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z490-VISION-G-rev-1x/support#support-dl
download and copy to your USB Flash drive.

I was able to get the gpunoutput to work by downloading the driver .

I downloaded the driver for the LAN but on network settings it says im
connected to “network” instead of what iwlt would usually say “spectrum13437” and I do not have internet

DSzymborski

Titan
Just built my first PC and it posted but I am having some issues. I attached a usb to the computer before turning it on that had windows on it. I was unable to select it when booting but was prompted to download windows anyway. Once in windows The computer is using the on board display rather than my gpu even though the hdmi is plugged into my gpu. The other issue I had is there is no network driver installed so I cannot connect to the internet. The motherboard is a gigabyte z490 vision G it came with a cd but I dont have a cd reader. Wondering where to go from here to fix the GPU and internet issue? Thanks

How is Windows even installed already if you didn't install it on your new build? Did you just slap a hard drive with a pre-existing install on it? That's extremely sloppy, especially as a first-time builder who doesn't have the experience to start cutting corners on best practices.

Let's get detailed information about your PC and what exactly you're doing. There seems to be a lot going on here and the information you provide is extremely limited.

Reactions: Darkbreeze