1st Build NEED ADVICE from experts

cesg67

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
Hi Guys! I'm building my 1st Desktop, and i think i came to something close to what the final build will be. I need somo advise for someone in the business that tell me what to change in order to keep the price something similar and the quality higher or to decrease the price without compromise the performance....

Here is the idea:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cesg67/saved/#view=rr7t6h

Please share your thoughts with me and if you think that i sould take some higher end products plz feel free to recomend

ty so much!

Solution

1) I wouldn't get a locked CPU on a $1700 computer. You wanna overclock your CPU whenever it can't keep up with the newest games.

Furthermore, I think the R5 1600 is a great CPU choice for only $200. But it...

cesg67

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017

i am a college student that beside working also likes to play so games regularly and also record and stream them, i know that the gpu isn't the best, but i think is capable of working for now. I thought that going with a 850W psu would prevent me from needing to upgrade it as soon as i decide to buy another GPU or a better one

cesg67

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017

i had quite a few builds in the part picker and now am i not sure if we talking about the same. (V2). am studying but also like the regular gaming session, combine that with some recording and streaming, with a light editing and that will be the main purpose of this pc.
About the ram, could you link me some of your thoughts?

krells

Distinguished
These would be my edits. Unfortunately bad timing to be looking for a gpu since mining has driven the prices up. A 1070 should be just over $400 and would be a better fit.

PSU: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/y88H99/evga-supernova-g3-650w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-g3-0650
RAM: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MYH48d/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2b3000c15
Cooler: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/93Crxr/cryorig-cpu-cooler-h7

I would grab this card since the price is not jacked up, even if I had to wait a bit to get it:
https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-ZT-P10700C-10P-IceStorm-Graphics/dp/B01GVNNOSY/ref=sr_1_19?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1498236119&sr=1-19&keywords=gtx+1080

cesg67

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017

Thanks a lot for your feedback for starts! As the newby i am i got a few questions... Since am i speeding a big ton a monny i am not going to look over a couple hundred of euros if i think that that would be a beter fit, i'm all about the relation price-quality... so questions: 1) do you thinks that i should go the extra mile, and pay for a beter gpu? 2) if so do you think that i should get a beter cpu to keep up 3) why do you prefer the CRYORIG cooler over the noctua one, for what i could read online noctua should be one with the top quality 4) to keep it short in the hope you answer me ^.^ what's wrong the the ram i selected, you not the 1st one to reference it, and besides that i do believe the H270F can run DDR4-3000, am i wrong?

cesg67

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017

TY for your reply! As i said i'm a newbie in the área, and since you were the 1st one to suggest me to go for the ryzen, can you dig a lite deeper and tell me what are the advantage i can expect form doing with na AMD CPU instead and i if it is true the rumors i heard about some gaming software compatibility

SENOR BURTOS

Notable
Apr 23, 2017

1) I wouldn't get a locked CPU on a $1700 computer. You wanna overclock your CPU whenever it can't keep up with the newest games.

Furthermore, I think the R5 1600 is a great CPU choice for only $200. But it falls behind the i7 in some CPU-demanding games, but only in a few. Also the 7700 has thermal issues.

2) Too much cooler if you are not doing any overclocking now. Even the stock AMD/Intel cooler is good enough.

3) I don't like that MOBO. It seems too overpriced for what it offers. If you go AMD you need a B350 mobo unless you want SLI, if so, get an X370 MOBO

4) If you get ryzen we are gonna have to put faster RAM, preferably a single 16GB kit to take advantage of the 64GB of RAM support.

5) Drop 5 or 10 dollars more and get an M.2 SSD, it is much faster.

6) I personally don't like seagate drives. I have heard they have a lot of problems. I don't know if that is the case in the US

7) GTX 1060 is too little considering the other parts and considering you want to game at 144 hz

8) I guess the case depends on your taste so not a problem.

9) WAY TOO MUCH POWER SUPPLY, 850W if meant to be used in SLI systems, do you want a quiet system or something? I think there are better options if silent operation is what you want.

10) I think there are better 144hz monitors for less money.

Solution

SENOR BURTOS

Notable
Apr 23, 2017

only dual 1080 tis can take advantage of 850W

Nope, you will need replacing in 2-3 years. 1060 is not ideal for 144hz gaming, if the budget allows it I'd get a much stronger card and mid-range card prices are sky-high right now