[SOLVED] 1st build, no POST, red LED pulse

Jul 11, 2020
B365M Phantom Gaming 4 MB
Intel i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-core LGA 1151
Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 2666 MHz Vengeance RGB Pro RAM (Connected to A2 and B2)
EVGA - 600W ATX 12v/EPS 12v 80 plus power supply

CPU fan is connected to MB
HDMI connected to monitor
USB powered keyboard
20+4 power connected
4+4 power connected

When we switch on the PSU, LEDs on the bottom of the MB slowly pulse red, keyboard gets power, CPU fan does not spin, POST lights are all off.

We’ve removed CPU and RAM twice, tried one RAM stick, shorted CMOS reset pins for 5 seconds but did not remove battery.

Thoughts?

Solution
Getting no signal at all from a PC is a bad sign that almost always points towards the RAM, CPU or Motherboard.
Try only using a single ram stick. Remove the CMOS Battery for 5-10 minutes while all power plugs are disconnected.
If you have spare Thermal paste, remove the cpu and check if there is any bent or broken pins in the motherboard socket.
Good luck.

OneApples

Commendable
Mar 9, 2019
Getting no signal at all from a PC is a bad sign that almost always points towards the RAM, CPU or Motherboard.
Try only using a single ram stick. Remove the CMOS Battery for 5-10 minutes while all power plugs are disconnected.
If you have spare Thermal paste, remove the cpu and check if there is any bent or broken pins in the motherboard socket.
Good luck.

Reactions: Josh4507
Solution
Jul 11, 2020
Good luck.
I should add there is no case involved here. I’m just powering the PSU then flipping it on. Thinking I might need to hook the MB to a case then switch it on?