Question 1st build, posted once, will not post again,.

Apr 20, 2020
My setup is:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
Asus Prime x470 pro
G.Skill Flare X 2x8
GeForce RTX 2060 super
EVGA 80+ gold 550/650

I finished building and hooked it up and powered on, booted and posted fine. Looked through the bios for a few minutes, then it black screened. I CANNOT get it to post again. I have tried all the troubleshooting options including clearing the cmos and clrtc and to no avail. I have messed with the RAM placement, trying to boot with 1 in all 4 slots. Tried 2 in A1+B1, and A2+B2. Tried booting with no RAM to try and get it to error, and got nothing. Checked all connectors and pins and CPU everything checks out. Is my mobo dead?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020
My setup is:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
Asus Prime x470 pro
G.Skill Flare X 2x16
GeForce RTX 2060 super

I finished building and hooked it up and powered on, booted and posted fine. Looked through the bios for a few minutes, then it black screened. I CANNOT get it to post again. I have tried all the troubleshooting options including clearing the cmos and clrtc and to no avail. I have messed with the RAM placement, trying to boot with 1 in all 4 slots. Tried 2 in A1+B1, and A2+B2. Tried booting with no RAM to try and get it to error, and got nothing. Checked all connectors and pins and CPU everything checks out. Is my mobo dead?
I feel it might be worth mentioning, that I checked the QVL for RAM compatibility, and swear my RAM sticks(G.Skill Flare X 3200 2x8) was supported, but now looking at the QVL again, I do not see it on there. I see similar RAM models. When I looked on forums when choosing parts, the Flare X RAM was highly recommended for a x470 AMD build.