1st Build- Web Design- Please Review

kad_70

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Hi, This build will be used for professional web design (Adobe CS5, etc.) and digital photography. I am looking to purchase this ASAP. Please let me know if I missed anything. Thanks!
Intel i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz, ASRock Z68 Intel HDMI SAGA MoBo, GSkill Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 SDRAM 1600 (PC3 12800), Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB SATA III SSD, Seagate 500GB 7200 eSata HD, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB Video Card, Lite-on internal 12x blu-ray combo SATA drive, CoolerMaster HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case, SeaSonic 620W Bronze Power Supply, Asus 21.5 HDMI LED LCD Monitor

Solution
I would buy a bigger/more resolution monitor and use the 22" as a reference for proof, if I'm a designer.

Also for graphic software such as Photoshop, the more powerful CPU the better, hence OC'able 2500k is the right choice especially because the price gap between k and non-k is not that big.

For graphics card, I'm not sure how much it can impact on web design, unless you are going to need lots of 3D rendering.

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
I would buy a bigger/more resolution monitor and use the 22" as a reference for proof, if I'm a designer.

Also for graphic software such as Photoshop, the more powerful CPU the better, hence OC'able 2500k is the right choice especially because the price gap between k and non-k is not that big.

For graphics card, I'm not sure how much it can impact on web design, unless you are going to need lots of 3D rendering.

Solution

kad_70

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Thanks for the info. I've changed the build to include an Intel i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz but won't be able to increase the monitor size or graphics card due to budget constraints and that I won't need this build for 3D or gaming.

**Forgot to ask in my post about extended warrenties- do you recommend getting them? If so, for which parts of the build? CPU, motherboard, monitor, graphics card, etc? Thanks!**

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
If you are not going to use this system for 3D rendering nor for gaming, actually you can go down with your graphics card, and use the saved money for better display, or better graphics software. 2D graphics are probably not very much dependent on discrete video card.