1st Gaming PC advice and help needed

Cynical Cat

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Hi, so this is my first gaming PC build what I wanted to know is
1) How can I check that all my parts will fit together?
2) I've been told these are all compatible, but it wouldn't harm to double check. so are they?
3) At what settings would it be able to run ARK: Survival evolved, Overwatch and League of Legends?
4) Is my power supply and cooler enough?
5) What is a wireless network adapter and will I need one if I am unable to connect the PC directly into the router with an Ethernet cable?
6) Will it cause any problems if I have a wireless network adapter and use an Ethernet cable on the same PC?
7) What does the OS actually come in? Is It hardware or software I download from a disk? (I hope that makes sense)
8) Is there always a place for an optical drive on a Case or will I have to get a specific case?
9) Is there anyway for me to insure the parts/PC incase something goes wrong?
10) Any general advice for my build in terms of buying, building or upgrading would be nice as well

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/q8fNFd
link to the components ^

If you can't view that here's a list:
CPU: intel core i5-6500 3.2ghz quad core (£175.99 Amazon UK)
CPU cooler: cooler master hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM sleeve bearing CPU cooler (£23.97 ebuyer)
Motherboard: MSI B150M BAZOOKA Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£68.80 alza)
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws V series 16GB (2 X8GB) DDR4-2400 memory (£102.60 aria pc)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2T 3.5" 7200RPM internal hard drive (£59.99 ebuyer)
Video/Graphics card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video card (£149.00 ebay)
Power supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze certified fully modular ATX power supply (£68.00 alza)
Optical drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer (£12.99 Amazon UK)
Operating system: Microsoft windows 10 Home full 32/64-bit (£100.48 ebuyer)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid tower case (£55.80 aria)
Monitor: Asus VP228H 21.5" 1920X1080 60Hz Monitor (£108.88 Amazon UK)
Total price: £927.30

Thank you in advance

tanckattb

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Alright that's a lot of questions lol

So to answer your first question, you have to research the dimensions yourself and do the math. I personally think they will fit, so yea.

2) yes they are all compatible

3) A 970 is a pretty powerful card, so you'll probably be able to run overwatch at max settings at 1920x1080 resolution.
You can basically run LoL on a potato so max settings definitely
Ark is a very weirdly optimised game, but I believe you'll be able to run at least 60fps on medium to high settings.

4)Your power supply is definitely enough, even with that 970 pushed to its limit, and as for your cooler, it's overkill. Using the intel stock cooler would be enough, or if you really want a third party one, you should get a cheap one.

5) A wireless network adapter is a small little USB adapter that basically get internet access for your pc. You can get one for a few dollars I think nothing too expensive

6) this is a windows thing, and I don't think it will cause problems but I think for the best, use an Ethernet cable. It's more stable from my past experiences. If you plan to use both at once, configure it inside the control panel which one you prefer to use, or just plug either one out.

7) the operating system comes in many different forms. You can buy the physical copy from your local stores, and buy a copy of it from the Microsoft website. They'll give you a windows key I think and then they'll allow you to download a setup into a thumb drive of yours so you can set it up.

8) most Morden cases have an optical drive bay, you need not worry. If you do, research about your case and see if it has an optical drive bay. (I think your case has one, but you should double check its specs on the manufacturer website)

9)Manufacturer warranty does that for you

10) no offence, but the parts you chose are somewhat last year. If possible, get an i5-7500 (or wait for coffee lake if you want it's gonna come out later this year) as it does deliver slightly better performance ( very marginal ) and it will would probably last longer if you were to upgrade your video card.
To add on, it would be a better decision to get a GTX 1060 instead of a 970. It's somewhat of the same price, has more VRAM, and delivers much better gaming performance. Also it will last longer than a 970 as it does have more VRAM for games in the future.
16GB is more than enough for pc gaming, and I don't think you would want to upgrade further. If you do, you would probably want to get your ram in a single 16GB kit (if you can) if you would have the intention of upgrading in the future (which 32 GB is crazy)

: D

Cynical Cat

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

Okay, I'll definitely take that into account. Thank you for your time to answer all those questions. If I decided to upgrade the CPU or Video card which would you advise to upgrade first? At the moment I'm trying to keep the price as low as possible (getting a cheaper cooler will definitely help do that, so thank you for pointing it out)
I hope you don't mind me asking (You may or may not know the answer, if you don't that's fine) If I chose the parts I had now, but then decided to upgrade later and sell the old parts how much do you think they would sell for? Would it be close to the bought price or significantly lower with them being more out of date.
Thank you so much for all your help.