[SOLVED] 1st pc for gaming at 1080p ultra settings

Solution
Is a rtx 2060 super with i7 6700k and 32gb ddr4 ram at about 2400hmz any good for this ?

The RTX 2060 super is a bit overkill for 1080p ultra (unless you are after super high frame rates).

Also I wouldn't go with the i7 6700K, it's an old cpu now on a dead platform. I would go with AMD and their AM4 platform as it's well supported and has lots of upgrade options.

An AMD B450 motherboard + Ryzen 5 3600 is probably the best value combo for gaming at the moment (and you have upgrade options all the way up to a 16core cpu on the same motherboard). Just make sure the motherboard you get is updated to support the new Ryzen 3000 series cpu's.

Graphics card wise, for 1080p ultra an RX580 is generally enough. The Geforce 1660 /...
Is a rtx 2060 super with i7 6700k and 32gb ddr4 ram at about 2400hmz any good for this ?

The RTX 2060 super is a bit overkill for 1080p ultra (unless you are after super high frame rates).

Also I wouldn't go with the i7 6700K, it's an old cpu now on a dead platform. I would go with AMD and their AM4 platform as it's well supported and has lots of upgrade options.

An AMD B450 motherboard + Ryzen 5 3600 is probably the best value combo for gaming at the moment (and you have upgrade options all the way up to a 16core cpu on the same motherboard). Just make sure the motherboard you get is updated to support the new Ryzen 3000 series cpu's.

Graphics card wise, for 1080p ultra an RX580 is generally enough. The Geforce 1660 / 1660ti are also good options and a bit faster.

Reactions: Mr-bayram
Solution
Aug 10, 2019
Ah ok the processor and ram and the rest are free all I had to do was get the graphics card so went with the 2060 super. I'll be making upgrades sometime next year ya see but just want to get a general idea if this build was ok for now like ?

Aug 10, 2019
Yeah I thought so but hard to say no when it's free lol. Quite looking forward to this pc Tbf always wanted a gaming pc. Had the consoles all my life but things like framerate just become less of a priority these days on them.

Yeah I thought so but hard to say no when it's free lol. Quite looking forward to this pc Tbf always wanted a gaming pc. Had the consoles all my life but things like framerate just become less of a priority these days on them.

Well the modern consoles are build on PC gaming hardware anyway (not like the old days when a console was a totally unique machine).

The 6700 is a much better cpu than anything in the consoles at the moment (they are using AMD low power 'jaguar' cores which were designed for netbooks). The next gen consoles look like they should actually be quite good (using the new Zen 2 core design they will have massive more cpu power so frame rates should be much better). They won't be out for a while though

Reactions: Mr-bayram
Aug 10, 2019
Yeah that's true hopefully they focus on the framerates and not resolution like the pro and X totally regret getting those 😂 I'll only be interested in the ps5 next gen because of the games. All the Xbox one's I'll be able to play on the pc. And switch is my handheld

Reactions: cdrkf