snickyj

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Hey Everyone

I built my first system yesterday, and it went smoothly, right through to BIOS. I didn't change much, just checked to make sure that everything was being recognized. I did disable onbord graphics, to use my card.

Today I installed windows vista home premium, and the install went smoothly - clean, quick, no problems. When it was done, it asked for a administrative username...I gave one, and then clicked start. Then it went back to that same page asking for a username again. Typed in the same one, but it was "already being used". so I gave a new one, and ended up with two - not a big deal I erased one, but I mention it incase that is indicative if anything.

Everytime I start windows, it takes about 2 seconds to go to blue screen/dumping physical memory. Auto restart - same thing. Over and over. Keep trying to load drivers, but I cant get on long enough to do it. I got on on for about 10 minuites earlier, and it said there was a problem with the network controller, and it was causing the problem. But system crashed while loading that driver from motherbord software. Tried to uninstall windows to do a fresh install and it said it couldnt uninstall, due to an improper install. But the install went fine up until that double username screen, which I thought was techinally after the actuall install.

I'd really appreciate some help with this - It's a pretty sweet system. I'd love to be able to use it.
Thanks

ZeGerman

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Hello SnickyJ,

next time you are able to load into Windows, change the following options so you can read what the actual error code is in the BSOD message.

To do this you will have to go to:
START | CONTROL PANEL | SYSTEM | ADVANCED SETTINGS | (TAB) ADVANCED | (SECTION) STARTUP AND RECOVERY - SETTINGS | untick the AUTOMATICALLY RESTART box

Apply the settings and the next time your computer freezes make sure you write down the details of the error message. This should be really helpful in solving your inconvenience.

Kind Regards
ZeGerman

Oyvindsolem

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Hi,

I had kinda the same problem as you, but it could take hours before a BSOD came, but it happend.

What i did was update to Vista SP1, No more BSOD but now it just freeze.

Don`t know if that helps, but maby if u get long enough time to update, try it.